I knew it had to happen eventually--Jack fell in the toilet.

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Before I flushed it! He of course starting grooming himself, but I filled a sink with water and somehow managed not to get bit as I rinsed him off. I towel dried him a little, and also used my hair dryer on low a bit (held it quite a ways away--once he could tell it was making him warmer he kinda liked it I think) and now he's sitting in my lap, kinda half wrapped in a towel and grooming again. Should I do anything else (try to get him drier? He's probably half dry now) or just let him take care of the rest?

ETA: I have never seen a cat move so fast as he did when he got wet, LOL.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just rinsed him with water--I don't have any cat shampoo and figured I shouldn't use anything else.

Maybe this'll teach him to stay off the toilets! :p (I keep them all closed when not in use, though.)

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL

Mine have been know to play in toilets if the kids leave the lid open!

But they are water babies......

Just let him clean himself.....

Hehe...silly cat....

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I can relate. Rocket jumped in the toilet once when I forgot to close the lid. Thankfully it had been flushed. But that sure taught him the difference between lid open and lid closed, and he's never done it again!!

duke816

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad we're not alone!!!

When Smokie was a kitten, she took off running out of bed one morning when she heard my boyfriend in the bathroom and I just heard this big yell, 'OH. MY. GOD!' Apparently my little angel took a running headfirst dive into the "pool" while it was "being filled." Oops! We gave her a little impromptu bath in the sink. She really hasn't done that since.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooter has gotten his head peed on several times. He loves to watch the toilet flush, and could not wait until my s/o was done relieving himself.

duke816

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dicknleah

What is it with Kitties and toilets?
They are apparently very exciting indeed... (Don't worry, it's a clean toilet!!)

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I'm waiting for the day Oliver falls in! He frequently tries to drink from it and that involves the back paws on the seat and the front two in the bowl... he almost lost it last week, but caught himself... he always waits patiently for me to be done though, so I don't think we'll ever have a big mess.... I have yet to grab the camera in time to get a picture of him in action

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by duke816
This picture is hilarious. Quite a look on his face. :-)

My kitties actually don't seem that interested in the flushing...usually the noise makes them take off. They've never really stood there to watch the whirlpool.

duke816

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Waddle

This picture is hilarious. Quite a look on his face. :-)

My kitties actually don't seem that interested in the flushing...usually the noise makes them take off. They've never really stood there to watch the whirlpool.
Yeah, woooo! Good times!
My boyfriend gets mad at me, "Why do you let her do that????" It's not like I let her drink out of there! And it seems to amuse her!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jack you silly thing!
Glad that he is okay after his ordeal...

When my sister cat was a kitten he fell into the toilet too and nearly drowned! It was lucky that she found him because he was still rather a baby at the time. Ever since then she has kept her toilet seat closed even though Botley is fully grown now. I do the same with Guinness - sometimes when I am sitting on the loo he wants to see what is down there but I always make sure the lid is shut just in case!

Cats!