Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG
Today was my second volunteering day at the local shelter. Yes, it was sunny and I could walk a very mellow Boxer - the other two dogs were very exuberant :) I also spent some time petting my feline friend Sage, plus this orange and white fellow :) I hope I don't get banned for posting doggie and cat photographs.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Nobody can enough of photos here! Keeping photo records of the furries you interact with at the shelter is smart. You'll find yourself going back through them and smiling at the memories long after they've found homes. I've got an album called Shelter Critters just for that purpose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nobody can enough of photos here! Keeping photo records of the furries you interact with at the shelter is smart. You'll find yourself going back through them and smiling at the memories long after they've found homes. I've got an album called Shelter Critters just for that purpose.
Thank you very much. Joel, the white and cream dog, was adopted last Sunday. While I was walking him, a couple became interested in him and they fell in love with the dog. I will post more pictures of these beautiful friends next Sunday. I really like to spend time there.

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0400.JPG
And Bacon, who probably thinks that my hand is made of, ejem, bacon :)

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG

More picture of Sage, who dislikes lower back scratches so much ;)

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0679.JPG
Today I realized that the shelter has not one, but three torties, and inevitably, people confuse them, including myself. She is Storm, the 7 year old tortie I met in my first day. Very mellow.

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_1021.JPG
She is Sage, who will turn 9 this year. She has one of the sweetest meows I've ever heard (and a temperament to match it :) )

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_1029.JPG
And she's 4 year old Honda. My uneducated eye confused her with Sage at first, who was confused with Storm by me and a fellow volunteer :(

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0675.JPG
Storm and Kringle (the shelter's cat whisperer) waiting for their treats.

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0677.JPG
Kringle couldn't wait too long and jumped on my lap :) Obviously he is used to humans and he's very trusting. This in turn helps the good folks at the shelter, who always bring Kringle along when they want to socialize other cats.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cats! And what a great guy you are to volunteer for them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard to tell the cats apart at first. We get a lot of torties and calicos at our shelter, simply because they're quite common around here. Red tabbies are rare, oddly enough.

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell the cats apart at first. We get a lot of torties and calicos at our shelter, simply because they're quite common around here. Red tabbies are rare, oddly enough.
Well, now I know better :)

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 178628 View attachment 178626 View attachment 178624 View attachment 178627 View attachment 178623
View attachment 178621 Today was my second volunteering day at the local shelter. Yes, it was sunny and I could walk a very mellow Boxer - the other two dogs were very exuberant :) I also spent some time petting my feline friend Sage, plus this orange and white fellow :) I hope I don't get banned for posting doggie and cat photographs.
Will Sage find a home? I really hope so and am sending good vibes from the humans and cats in my house in London. Good luck to all those lovely creatures