I heard Charlie snoring..

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is this normal?
I thought he was purring but when I touched him, he wasn't vibrating...The sound is different from purring, it sounds like a snore..

Does cat snores?

ryffian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My chunky spayed female will wheeze sometimes when she breathes in, but that's a more high-pitched sound. Interesting!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holland snored when she was a kitten, but doesn't anymore. It was always the cutest thing when I was holding her on my chest and her purrs turned to snores.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snoring is often contributed to by being overweight - in animals and humans. Sho used to snore quite loudly, he sounded a bit like a peculating coffee pot.. I got his weight down and the snoring stopped completely.

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Snoring is often contributed to by being overweight - in animals and humans. Sho used to snore quite loudly, he sounded a bit like a peculating coffee pot.. I got his weight down and the snoring stopped completely.
Interesting - Snowball snores more often than Poppet, but neither are considered overweight any more (they were about four years ago though!), even though Snowball is tubbier than Poppet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Charlie is not overweight, I heard him snoring only once

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newt snores sometimes. I only notice it when she's fast asleep on my lap. It's really funny. She's not overweight either.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, Jake snores and he too is overweight.

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybelle snores when she's in a really deep sleep. It's a cute snore, kind of like when someone humms in their sleep like she'll breathe in and you'll hear a kitty hmmmm, and she'll have the biggest smile on her face while she's doing it.

She was overweight before the home I rescued her from, at which point she was underweight, and now if I had to guess she's around 12lbs at the most.
(guessing based on Madison weighing 10-11lbs, and my dog weighing 15lbs she's between the two and bigger built than madison)

if it makes you feel any better my dog snores too, so loud I can't have her and my husband in the bed with me together or I get NO sleep

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Fudge snores so loud, it wakes me up with a jump and I wonder for a second what it is
x

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Three of my four cats snore. One is overweight, two are underweight. There's considerable racket when they are all sleeping in the same room.