I haven't been on for awhile, thought I'd update everyone

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a long time since I've been regularly active on here! I miss you guys! I've been caught up in being a Senior at The University of Iowa and have been busy busy busy!!!

Lately I've been having a really rough time because my boyfriend was diagnosed with testicular cancer (we've been together for 4 years in a couple months!). He had surgery to remove the tumorous testicle and today we finally found out what the next step was. His cat scan showed the cancer spread, he has 4 tumors on his lymph nodes and two more in his abdomen. We have yet another appointment on Monday, but this time it's with the chemotherapy doctor. It sounds like he should be starting chemotherapy in a week or two. He apparently has three types of cancer! Crazy.

Well anyway, that's been my life lately....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! On top of that everything else has been falling apart. I'm waiting for my cable to get shut off because I haven't paid it in two months, my car has been limping a long for me for the past 6 months, I haven't been able to get any student loans to help support me so I don't have money for anything.....
What a crappy time it has been.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww I'm sorry!
& I hope things start looking up for you guys! And hopefully his next doctors appointment goes well!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh and also you may want to call your cable provider and talk to them and kind of tell them what is going on. Maybe they can set up a payment date or payment plan so you wont have your services interrupted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

oh and also you may want to call your cable provider and talk to them and kind of tell them what is going on. Maybe they can set up a payment date or payment plan so you wont have your services interrupted!
I might have to do that!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there... I am so very sorry you both are going through this! Welcome back

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sooooo many people are facing similar situations. Gary and I were struggling because of his health issues for a few years before the economy hit the wall. We had to turn off our TV and sell a lot of thigns - but Internet was essential for us if we were ever going to get BACK in business. We really enjoyed not having TV in the end - and haven't gotten it back, actually.

Hang in there! Play with your kitties, do your best to keep a positive attitude - it really makes a difference when you DO find a job interview to go to. So now I'm sending vibes to you!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back.... I've missed seeing your snakies

I am so sorry that life is throwing you massive curveballs right now.... My thoughts and are with both you and bf. I really really hope the chemo helps

Its gotta turn around sometime, right....it just has to. I hope it is soon.

Please, vent, cry, yell all you need to. Life is definately sadistic....
I'm sorry

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back my friend!..

Please TCS is here for you as well said Chris....

I´m really so sorry about what you passing my friend...

to you and BF..

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back as well. I am so so sorry for what you're going through. Keep your chin up and plow through. I also often think of you and your dober-pup!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One thing you can do to save some money is to invest in a Digital converter box and just get the basic free cable channels. ^_^ I could pick up about 40 channels with it, and even though the most interesting things on were talk shows and cartoons, it still provided some entertainment!

Plus, don't forget that you can watch all your favorite TV shows online. =D As well as pretty much every movie under the sun.

For this scary time for your boyfriend. I'll be praying that the chemo works quickly and quietly.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have been thru the wringer lately... Nekomania has some good ideas .. the number of channels depends on area the reciever picks up about 50 miles

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You've really been going through a rough patch. As others have said, things will eventually get better. In the mean time, mega, in particular for your boyfriend's chemo.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back, and masses of vibes that all your problems do sort themselves out. You have been having a very rough time of it, but you sound as though you have your head up to face the world and all it throws at you.