I have to take my sweet boy today

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so crushed. He was diagnosed with large cell lymphoma last month. He is 16. The steroids increased his appetite and he was doing well until he started sneezing everytime he would go to eat. allergy meds dont work, he is barely eating, and I know he is not happy. I cant do this. I love him so much. I've had hime since he was 6 weeks old. I fostered he and his mom and sisters. This is killling me, but I know he is unhappy, and possibly in pain. I cant stop crying. I got a sedative to give him first, then I have to take him over. I dont want to. I love hims so much His picture is my profile pciter.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. This will tear away a piece of your heart. It is the most difficult, most painful thing we as cat parents must do. But when the time comes, better sooner than later. Which would mean leaving your beloved cat in pain, even if only for one more day.

I've been there. I've done this. I'm still sad, years later. But know that each time it was the right thing to do.

My condolences and my sympathy.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no. I, too, have been there, and know how hard it is to make that decision. Please remember you're doing the right thing to keep your sweet little buddy from suffering any more. My thoughts are with you both today. :hugs:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awwww I am so sorry for your pain 😥
You have been the best cat mama for all those years and given him the best life.
You have to do what’s best for him.
Sending love and strength at this difficult time - you are not alone and we are all here to support you.
Keep us posted ❤❤

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry that you are going through this, it is the tough part of being a cat owner, but you are doing the right albeit hardest thing to do, but it hurts like hell, we know. With time you will know that he is at peace and just fine, and you will see him again one day and it will be wonderful. My heart is with you....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't wait until the pain is unbearable, it is even worse to go through that. Watching a loved one struggle is one of the hardest things to do. Your heart will be broken in two and only time will help you come to terms with this. Please come back when you are ready and share his beautiful life story with us, to be remembered and mourned is a great honor for those who have passed over.
My heart breaks for your pain, may God bring you the strength for what has to be done, and bring him the peace he deserves. My thoughts and prayers are with you.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your support. we took a nap after he had his sedative. I realized then, the way he was so relaxed laying there, that he must have been in pain the past week or so. He had a lymphoma growth in his belly. The vet was kind, it was a shot pf anesthesia, and then a shot in his vein. It was so horrible, I am so sad about it. I know there was not other choice, and I did not want him to suffer any longer. He was not eating very much, and when he would show interest in food, he would start sneezing after a few bites and then leave. I am not sure what caused that, but that was the end. I was giving steroids which increased his appetite, but then the sneezing started. allergy meds did not help. I love him so much. He was such a gentle boy, so kind and timid. He got along well with all other cats. I fostered him since he was 6 weeks old, and he was 16 when he died. It was so quick. I didn't realize he was sick. My heart is broken.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your support. we took a nap after he had his sedative. I realized then, the way he was so relaxed laying there, that he must have been in pain the past week or so. He had a lymphoma growth in his belly. The vet was kind, it was a shot pf anesthesia, and then a shot in his vein. It was so horrible, I am so sad about it. I know there was not other choice, and I did not want him to suffer any longer. He was not eating very much, and when he would show interest in food, he would start sneezing after a few bites and then leave. I am not sure what caused that, but that was the end. I was giving steroids which increased his appetite, but then the sneezing started. allergy meds did not help. I love him so much. He was such a gentle boy, so kind and timid. He got along well with all other cats. I fostered him since he was 6 weeks old, and he was 16 when he died. It was so quick. I didn't realize he was sick. My heart is broken.
Aww bless you, I know it is so hard but it would have been cruel to let him suffer.
I know your heart is broken and no words can fix that right now.
We are here for you.
When you are ready post some pictures of your lovely boy then we can help you remember him and keep his memory alive xx

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Boy, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Now you have done the hardest thing we ever do. You put your beloved boy's wellbeing before your own heartbreak. Y.our baby, now in That Place Where All Things Are Known, blesses you for that utterly unselfish act, and sends his love, now translated and purified into Love, back to you. It will never leave, and someday, in the fullness of time, that Love will guide you back to him. And what a joyous reunion that will be!

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come---please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve---it must be you
Who has this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

Anonymous

My heart goes out to you as I have also had to go through this painful experience myself once. I know one day my heart will be torn out again, my cat is 7 so hoping it will be a long time. Once again I so sorry about your cat, he looked like a beautiful gentle boy.