I Have to Rehome My Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No sightings the past two days. Hard to believe she will be missing for 2 weeks tomorrow. I never expected her to be gone this long. So many things going through my head yet no way to put it into words. Sometimes I will be outside and think I hear a meow but it is my imagination. I will randomly go to the places she used to lay and just look even though I know she will not be there.

Attachments

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
No sightings the past two days. Hard to believe she will be missing for 2 weeks tomorrow. I never expected her to be gone this long. So many things going through my head yet no way to put it into words. Sometimes I will be outside and think I hear a meow but it is my imagination. I will randomly go to the places she used to lay and just look even though I know she will not be there.
Don't lose heart and keep trying. Praying for her return.

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
“There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi

And Smoothie is in my heart. I hope she is okay wherever she may be. Still no sightings, but we are still looking.

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don’t know when I’ll stop updating on here, but I probably will soon and then if something happens I’ll come back to this thread to update it. We still haven’t seen Smoothie. I’m going to get some stuff to donate to the local humane society and will be doing it in Smoothie’s name. They are in desperate need of kitty litter and kitten food. I think while I am there I am going to see if I can see some of the cats and puppies. I love petting and loving on our cat Midnight, my childhood cat King, and our chihuahua Skittish, but I have some extra love to give and I’m always excited to pet new kitties and puppies. They’re all kept in the same room, and all are so precious. The humane society has a lot of windows and there’s always at least 2-3 cats in each one lol. I need some distractions.

I really wish I knew Smoothie was okay. This apartment isn’t the same without her. Here’s some more pictures of her because she was/is such a beautiful kitty and always made sure that I knew she loved me.

Attachments

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
3 weeks today is the last time we saw Smoothie. I’m still so confused, upset, and mad about a lot. Our baby is growing up incredibly fast, and is already about to be 6 months! Usually we got a picture with Smoothie and then a picture with Midnight with our little one. This will be the first time that Smoothie won’t be around to be in a picture. I really thought we’d see her by now, see a post on fb about her, or that the animal shelter would have her. Except it’s the exact opposite. I never ever wanted her to go outside, especially without a tracker. She was always so small. I can’t help but worry. Oh my, I am so scared for her. I hope she’s okay. It isn’t fair that this happened. :sniffle:

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
3 weeks today is the last time we saw Smoothie. I’m still so confused, upset, and mad about a lot. Our baby is growing up incredibly fast, and is already about to be 6 months! Usually we got a picture with Smoothie and then a picture with Midnight with our little one. This will be the first time that Smoothie won’t be around to be in a picture. I really thought we’d see her by now, see a post on fb about her, or that the animal shelter would have her. Except it’s the exact opposite. I never ever wanted her to go outside, especially without a tracker. She was always so small. I can’t help but worry. Oh my, I am so scared for her. I hope she’s okay. It isn’t fair that this happened. :sniffle:
I've always heard it's important to go to the animal shelter to look for your lost pet yourself. Have you posted on FB searching for her?

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe someone has her inside somewhere. It’s very possible, people think a cat is a stray, and may not think they’re lost.
That’s a big possibility, I just don’t see her allowing anyone to pick her up or take her in. When my husband’s mom would come over she would hiss at her. She then was very on edge with my family, but if I was there she would lay with in the floor while we were on the couch. My husband said maybe some kind old lady has her.

I've always heard it's important to go to the animal shelter to look for your lost pet yourself. Have you posted on FB searching for her?
I’ve posted on fb about her, and I think barely anyone seen it because of how many pictures I posted. I think I’m going to post about her again, this time on the missing animal page and on my page. People in our community usually posts everytime they find a cat or dog, even if it is a stray. There’s been so many that people have found recently, but none have been her.

MsKat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you looked into Feliway dffusers and atomizers? Calming collars. CBD oil. Classical music. Isolate in room with these things. This sounds a lot like redirected aggression. Blessings in your journey. I have recently had to separate two of my three cats due to this. We are working out a new routine. May you all find peace. Reach out to a cat behaviorist? Use Just Answer online Vet. It is free.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s a big possibility, I just don’t see her allowing anyone to pick her up or take her in. When my husband’s mom would come over she would hiss at her. She then was very on edge with my family, but if I was there she would lay with in the floor while we were on the couch. My husband said maybe some kind old lady has her.

I’ve posted on fb about her, and I think barely anyone seen it because of how many pictures I posted. I think I’m going to post about her again, this time on the missing animal page and on my page. People in our community usually posts everytime they find a cat or dog, even if it is a stray. There’s been so many that people have found recently, but none have been her.
Post flyers in local places

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We’re moving a few states away in less than a month now, and I’m quite worried.
Have you looked into Feliway dffusers and atomizers? Calming collars. CBD oil. Classical music. Isolate in room with these things. This sounds a lot like redirected aggression. Blessings in your journey. I have recently had to separate two of my three cats due to this. We are working out a new routine. May you all find peace. Reach out to a cat behaviorist? Use Just Answer online Vet. It is free.

We looked into a lot for almost the whole year this was happening. I believe her first incident in July 2021 caused her some PTSD and she never was the same. She got outside 3 weeks ago and hasn’t been back.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
We’re moving a few states away in less than a month now, and I’m quite worried.

We looked into a lot for almost the whole year this was happening. I believe her first incident in July 2021 caused her some PTSD and she never was the same. She got outside 3 weeks ago and hasn’t been back.
Oh my I wasn't aware of that. Do you know anybody that can keep looking for her if you don't find her before you move? I wish I could physically search for her for you.

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my I wasn't aware of that. Do you know anybody that can keep looking for her if you don't find her before you move? I wish I could physically search for her for you.
Both my family and my husbands family will still live close by, and I know that my mom and dad will still be looking for her. I’m very worried that we may never see her again where it’s been so long.

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG OMG. My husband just left the apartment to take his grandparents something. I stayed home with baby because it’s really close to her bedtime. He said he saw a cat running at the start of the field by the houses and trees that looked and pranced exactly like Smoothie! He didn’t get to see the face, and when he tried to stop and yell, a car was right behind him so he had to go. He’s not sure if it was 100% her since he didn’t get to see the front of it, but he said it was short like Smoothie, and was prancing just like her!! Oh my god I am so happy because I see a glimpse of hope that she is still okay and thriving!!! I told him I wished I had went with him because I would’ve yelled out the car window for her, and made him stop to put his flashers on! He completely forgot about putting his flashers on. Lord I hope it was her.

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, just as I had a glimmer of hope I’m now terrified. I have our bedroom window open. I was telling my mom on the phone how my husband thought he saw Smoothie when I heard a cat start screeching the way Smoothie screeched when she attacked my husband. I went to the window and I heard it far away a few more times. I tried to listen harder but my daughter was babbling loudly and the air conditioning unit is on. It then happened one more time after that. What if that was her and she either attacked another cat, got hurt, and tried to go after someone? I had no idea where it was coming from because it was far off. There are a lot of cats around here so I know it could’ve been a different cat but it really sounded like her. It made my stomach drop and scared me. It reminded me of the petrified feeling I had when I was locked in the room. What if she really hasn’t changed at all? What if she’s still mad as all get out? Oh I am scared

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just as I had a glimmer of hope I’m now terrified. I have our bedroom window open. I was telling my mom on the phone how my husband thought he saw Smoothie when I heard a cat start screeching the way Smoothie screeched when she attacked my husband. I went to the window and I heard it far away a few more times. I tried to listen harder but my daughter was babbling loudly and the air conditioning unit is on. It then happened one more time after that. What if that was her and she either attacked another cat, got hurt, and tried to go after someone? I had no idea where it was coming from because it was far off. There are a lot of cats around here so I know it could’ve been a different cat but it really sounded like her. It made my stomach drop and scared me. It reminded me of the petrified feeling I had when I was locked in the room. What if she really hasn’t changed at all? What if she’s still mad as all get out? Oh I am scared
Don't let your mind go wild with too many thoughts that you cannot verify. It could have been her or as you said another cat. I doubt she has changed since she got out, but that doesn't mean there isn't hope for her. Still praying for her.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted you to know I've been thinking and praying for you and Smoothie :vibes:

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No Smoothie still. We’re officially moving away tomorrow as we’re getting the last of our stuff out of our apartment in the morning. We’ll be 2 hours away. It is absolutely bizarre to me she’s been missing this long now. I’m so mad about how things went down. I’ll never understand why she turned on us like that, and then trapped us in separate rooms. I’ll never forgive myself for closing the door when she went outside even though I know that’s the only way that stopped her from attacking us. I have no idea where she went. I have no clue how she disappeared the way she did. I hope she is okay.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
No Smoothie still. We’re officially moving away tomorrow as we’re getting the last of our stuff out of our apartment in the morning. We’ll be 2 hours away. It is absolutely bizarre to me she’s been missing this long now. I’m so mad about how things went down. I’ll never understand why she turned on us like that, and then trapped us in separate rooms. I’ll never forgive myself for closing the door when she went outside even though I know that’s the only way that stopped her from attacking us. I have no idea where she went. I have no clue how she disappeared the way she did. I hope she is okay.
I am so sorry to hear this and I think you said you did still have family in the area and maybe she will surface. Try to hold on to the good memories.