I Have No Clue What To Do

Wheekie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am elderly. I might have to give up my cats due to health issues. That scares me to death. I have no family that would be willing to take them...no close friends. WHAT DO I DO!?!
My one girl I rescued when her previous owners moved away and left her. By her physical appearance and the way she acted, I think she was abused...at least, neglected. It took 6 years...but I think she is finally accepting me. My other kitty was born feral...will not let anyone near her except me.

I really don't know what to do. They both have so many special quirks...I really doubt that they would be happy with anybody but me.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could only suggest finding a volunteer, no kill, rescue group. If you live near a Pet Smart or other pet shop, Visit them on Saturdays when rescue groups bring in their cats for adoption. Ask them for advise & help.

Maybe your vet could hep you rehome them?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. There is a TCS article about how to plan possibilities for your cats should you die - they would also apply in many ways if you have to give them up for health reasons. Take a look at the article (link below) and see if it would help you to establish some plans, including care instructions for your cats as well as what you would like to do in terms of their long term care. I would also suggest you reach out to local rescue centers and the SPCA, as well as senior care centers - who will all hold your request and information in confidentiality - about how to reach out to those who could take over responsibility if/when you should need it.

There are other members on this site who have made plans for care of their cats if something should happen to them - I hope they will see your post and in the coming hours/days respond with what their own plans entailed. God bless you for being so worried about your babies!!

What Will Happen To My Cat If I Die? – Cat Articles

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , you're a master at this sort of thing, it's right up your alley. Any ideas here?

Jcatbird is a member who specializes in ferals and abused cats. If anyone knows who to reach out to, she will. She's busy, but she will see this and get back to you, possibly here, or maybe via Private Message.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I am elderly. I might have to give up my cats due to health issues. That scares me to death. I have no family that would be willing to take them...no close friends. WHAT DO I DO!?!
My one girl I rescued when her previous owners moved away and left her. By her physical appearance and the way she acted, I think she was abused...at least, neglected. It took 6 years...but I think she is finally accepting me. My other kitty was born feral...will not let anyone near her except me.

I really don't know what to do. They both have so many special quirks...I really doubt that they would be happy with anybody but me.
♥

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A ArchyCat Had a great suggestion. Connecting with others who may be able to help. The groups and animal lovers that work through Petsmart may help or know someone who can. Do you think you could try that? There are other ways to find groups in you area too. You can go to Goggle and type in your town, city, county or state and then feral cat rescue to see what comes up. You can also work yourself to start getting the kitties more socialized if your health will allow that. The more the kitties are around you and the closer you can get to them, the calmer they will become in time. There are tips we can give you on that if you want to do that. I will assist you in any way I can. I do understand your situation. Many of us here face similar thoughts and concerns. :hugs: Hang in there and we’ll try to guide you through socializing better and trying to find options for you and the kitties if that should be needed. Let us know how you would like to proceed.:heartshape: