I have never been so happy to say...

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
... I QUIT.

Yes, I quit the job that has been causing me no end of stress and anguish. I was in tears all the time at the end of the day and it just wasn't worth one more second of it! I am DONE and I am not going back there ever, not even if they offer me $20/hr or more!

Peanut will be happier now that I can start paying attention to him again instead of crying into his fur.

jinxywinx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh man, I know how good that can feel.
I am not sure if I'm supposed to say congrats, but I am anyway!!

Congrats!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations my friend...
I mean, 9 months ago I took the same decision of leave a Job that really get me sick ...

Still unemployed until now, but I have faith this is not forever...

for you my friend!... and now take a good rest!...

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't have another job lined up or have trouble getting jobs, like me, quitting can be a nerve wrecking experience but being at a job you REALLY don't like that stresses you out is no picnic either. I know, I had to quit my last job because of things going on. Go figure, after I left, the manager got fired too...but the business is dying so no point in going back.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you just have to get out, never mind the future, money or anything else. It is not worth wrecking your physical or emotional health for. Many good vibes that you find a better job soon.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful! You are so smart to save yourself, instead of hanging on too long like I did. Congratulations!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're wellbeing is SO much more important than ANY job hun!
Good for you. I've been there and know exactly what it's like. Here's hoping your dream job comes along soon.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on saving your sanity!

I knew I had to get out of my last job when I realized that I was crying in the shower while getting ready for work almost every day, because I didn't want to be there anymore.

Sometimes you have to make the move.

Good luck!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is congratulations since your happy, but I hope your either rich or have a trust fund. Or have a very rich husband
. Since it is NOT easy to get a job, at least not here in the USA.

I sure could not quite my job financially speaking. I sure would like to some days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Person

All I can say is congratulations since your happy, but I hope your either rich or have a trust fund. Or have a very rich husband
. Since it is NOT easy to get a job, at least not here in the USA.

I sure could not quite my job financially speaking. I sure would like to some days
Haha I wiiiiish I was rich or had a trust fund- as it happens I had two jobs at the time, so now I just have the one. I'll probably need to find a second again but it isn't something I have to do urgently.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know what you're going through. I quit my job on Aug 3. I have enough in savings to last quite awhile but I am also older which will make finding another job harder. I waited too long just trying to stick it out. My hours were 7p.m. to 7 a.m. and I left at 11 p.m on a Wednesday night. I stuck it out for well over 6 years but I just reached a breaking point. I have never done that with any job. I have had jobs that I didn't care for as much as others but I always found a way to tolerate it. I had gotten to the point where I was hardly sleeping at all which made it even harder to tolerate the job.

allroundthesun

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good for you! You should feel really proud of yourself for knowing what you need to do for yourself to maintain your sanity and doing it!
Congratulations!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good for you!! I've been there!! It was terrible.... I don't think I could go back to that job either. Good thing I havent seen that doc or his wife that I worked for since I quit!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by orangeishcat

Haha I wiiiiish I was rich or had a trust fund- as it happens I had two jobs at the time, so now I just have the one. I'll probably need to find a second again but it isn't something I have to do urgently.
Well since you had two jobs that sure makes more sense. Congratulations then on being able to hold down two jobs when you want to