I have lost my Simon after 15 years

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a sweet, gentle face he had. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Time spent with our pets is never long enough, in the end all we can do is be grateful for every moment we had with them.

Sleep peacefully Simon, you were truly loved.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss, Stephen. My deepest condolences. 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stephen, I think it's pretty obvious that I very rarely will come to this forum, it always brings up all of the feelings and heartache I too have felt from loss, which I try to avoid stirring up as often as I can of course.

But I came for you, and Simon's tribute, for the loss and broken heart you have now, losing your best friend in life.

I know the emptiness, nothing feels the same, and just what we would give to have them back again, I know.

So my heart goes out to you Stephen, and as you know, only time will heal this gaping wound in your heart and soul. 

You are such a kind, caring and helpful member here, and I wish you only the best, surely there will be a river of tears, but this is part of the healing your mind and body must go through to work through such a great loss.

Many hugs for your strength, your love, and endless dedication to Simon, Jenny, and all of your compassionate advice here on tcs.

We are all here for you.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
whew... heartbreaking for sure...and I know your pain...but I also am SO THANKFUL that your sweet one had life with YOU in it! He is in peace and had an awesome life no doubt! Thank you for caring!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have tears in my eyes as I type this, especially after seeing the photos of your beautiful kitties. Rest in peace, Sweet, Sweet Simon. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry for your loss. And for Jenny's loss. [emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji]

seaturtle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear that. I know how painful it is for you. I, too, lost a Simon (actually Edward Simon) several years ago. Your furrie was a beautiful sweety who gave you such joy, just as you gave him a wonderful life and much joy.

My heart is with you. More than that, we cannot say. I hope you can feel the caring in all these posts. I love this site because people truly do care.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just now seeing this @StephenQ, and I can't believe it. How heartbreaking. 
  I'm so sorry for your loss. You took incredibly great care of Simon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm just now seeing this @StephenQ, and I can't believe it. How heartbreaking. 
  I'm so sorry for your loss. You took incredibly great care of Simon.
Thank you for your kind words.  The loss has been large, support from friends great.

saraharizona

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sterling, Virginia (Far Western D.C. suburbs)
I'm so very sorry about the loss of your sweet Simon.  We lost our sweet Zampano (Zampy) on February 15.  He was also 15, and diabetic and insulin dependent.  Things just went alll awry in a period of a week or so, his glucose levels were crazy, and the vet found old and new blood in his belly.and we ended up putting him down, rather than subjecting him to surgery. So, I grieve with you for your Simon, my heart still aches for Zampy, but we have a little girl cat we have to support now. Just feeling bad, but knowing that both our cats had long, happy lives with us is what makes it easier now.  Please go easy on yourself, and know that your Simon knew he was loved.

Sarah Arizona

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm so very sorry about the loss of your sweet Simon.  We lost our sweet Zampano (Zampy) on February 15.  He was also 15, and diabetic and insulin dependent.  Things just went alll awry in a period of a week or so, his glucose levels were crazy, and the vet found old and new blood in his belly.and we ended up putting him down, rather than subjecting him to surgery. So, I grieve with you for your Simon, my heart still aches for Zampy, but we have a little girl cat we have to support now. Just feeling bad, but knowing that both our cats had long, happy lives with us is what makes it easier now.  Please go easy on yourself, and know that your Simon knew he was loved.

Sarah Arizona
Thank you for that tribute and I'm sorry for your loss, we share in our loss and in our grief.  Be well,

Stephen

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to read that you lost Simon, StephenQ. I read many of your posts about him and could only marvel at how lucky he was to have you looking after him and looking out for him. I'm sure you and Jenny must miss him terribly. My sincere condolences.

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm so very sorry to read that you lost Simon, StephenQ. I read many of your posts about him and could only marvel at how lucky he was to have you looking after him and looking out for him. I'm sure you and Jenny must miss him terribly. My sincere condolences.
We all miss him terribly, Jenny and his humans. I am lucky to have known him.  He taught be to live in the moment, he taught me humility, gentleness and bravery, and i look up to him every day.  I feel in all honesty that he was a better cat than I am a human.  Our bond was so deep.  Thank you again for posting your very sweet thoughts.  I never was really aware that other people might really read my posts about him and be affected.

Stephen

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We all miss him terribly, Jenny and his humans. I am lucky to have known him.  He taught be to live in the moment, he taught me humility, gentleness and bravery, and i look up to him every day.  I feel in all honesty that he was a better cat than I am a human.  Our bond was so deep.  Thank you again for posting your very sweet thoughts.  I never was really aware that other people might really read my posts about him and be affected.

Stephen
I think your posts especially resonated with me because we lost our cat in December 2013: she most likely also had IBD and some form of related cancer. (She was elderly and frail because of other ailments so we never had a truly definitive diagnosis.) She was a generous, wise cat who was part of everything we did -- we both work at home -- so she was a constant companion who seemed to know everything about our moods. And how to soothe them. Sometimes it amazes me how much we can learn from our cats. I'm glad you, Jenny, and Simon's other human(s) were able to spend so many years with him. He sounds like he was quite a cat... and he was obviously very handsome!