I have foster kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today the foster kittens "graduated" to being back at the shelter- they are over 8 weeks and 2 pounds. It was the best thing to have had them! They kept me in stiches with their antics, and it was heartwarming to see them grow and have little personalities, or big ones...
A friend of mine is adopting 2 of them!!!! She is my age and didn't think she could handle 3 kittens, but at least I can watch 2 of them grow up!
The third, Squealy Dan, will get adopted quickly, I'm sure. I'll be watching the shelter site for her posting, and see when she's adopted.
There's a big empty heart space now. But a happy place too with a friend adopting two of them.
A few pictures:
The Big Three on the Ripple Rug- hide and seek and pop out and pounce:
KittensRippleRug.jpeg

Red Zeppelin says...good night!!
RedZeppelinGoodnight.jpeg

Alison Chains says- "Mom, you think you can keep me in the room?? Think again!!"
AlisonChainsGate.jpeg

"HaHa! Outsmarted you again!!"
AlisonChainsGaate2.jpeg

Mooshoo and Squealy Dan had a nose greeting:
MooAndSquealyDan.jpeg

Squealy Dan says "Hey Alison! Come on up!!"
SquealyDanGateTop.jpeg

Kitten in a bowl:
KittensInABowl.jpeg

Red Zeppelin and Squealy Dan enjoying the view:
RedAndSquealyWindow.jpeg

Family Portrait with Red Zeppelin and Alison Chains but Squealy Dan says "no don't take my picture!"
AlisonRedSquealyTower.jpeg

But then Squealy cooperated:
RedSquealyTower.jpeg

Squealy Dan and Red Zeppelin- so sweet snoozing:
SquealyAndRedTower.jpeg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on successful fostering/socializing these kittens. I hope Steely Dan finds his furever home in no time. So glad to hear your friend is adopting the other two. I forgot to warn you that kittens are very good climbers. I have been through this with the ones I fostered. I also had the outdoor kittens climbing my patio screen door. It was totally crazy seeing 3 kittens sticking to to the screen door. I called them my Velcro kitties. Ofcourse were able to get down themselves. Never a dull moment with kittens. I have lots of fond memories as I am sure you will have of these little cuties. :cloud9::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::happycat:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on successful fostering/socializing these kittens. I hope Steely Dan finds his furever home in no time. So glad to hear your friend is adopting the other two. I forgot to warn you that kittens are very good climbers. I have been through this with the ones I fostered. I also had the outdoor kittens climbing my patio screen door. It was totally crazy seeing 3 kittens sticking to to the screen door. I called them my Velcro kitties. Ofcourse were able to get down themselves. Never a dull moment with kittens. I have lots of fond memories as I am sure you will have of these little cuties. :cloud9::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::happycat:
Velcro kittens is so true! I laughed hard with their climbing! I have many memories and look forward to the next fosters. But I’m going to wait awhile since two of my residents get their routine upset. But it’s for a good cause.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Well I went with my friend today to the shelter for her to pick up the two she adopted (Red and Alison) and I went in the colony room all 3 were in while she did the paperwork. They definitely remembered me! All over me on my shoulders like usual. Then we went to her house with the two and I stayed for a bit. It was fun. They have a great home.
Then when I got to my house I checked the shelter website, and Squealy Dan had been adopted in the meantime! So all three have a home now.
What an adventure. I'll do it again! But so hard to say goodbye.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I went with my friend today to the shelter for her to pick up the two she adopted (Red and Alison) and I went in the colony room all 3 were in while she did the paperwork. They definitely remembered me! All over me on my shoulders like usual. Then we went to her house with the two and I stayed for a bit. It was fun. They have a great home.
Then when I got to my house I checked the shelter website, and Squealy Dan had been adopted in the meantime! So all three have a home now.
What an adventure. I'll do it again! But so hard to say goodbye.
THANKING YOU bigtime for fostering this sweet family!
Yes, you are stronger than I am, definitely.
May Red, Alison and Squealy Dan have long, happy, healthy, comfortable, well cared for, LOVED lives!
And I hope you will foster again...and again. Fosters are sorely needed!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
:yess::clap::wavey::cheerleader::clap2::happycat::happycat::happycat:
YAY!!! I just love Happy Tails. I hope Steely Dan went to a lovely home where he will be happy. May the other kitties settle into their new home quickly and bring your friend much love, laughs, and happiness. Kittens are just so precious and fun. You get to see Alison and Red grow up and look back at your time fostering very fondly. Thanks for sharing the good news--it put a smile on my face. :tongue:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
I need some thoughts/vibes/prayers/whatevers for little Red Zeppelin, my friend had to take him to the emergency vet today because he wasn't eating well and was listless.
He's home with her now and the vet is thinking stress of shelter/surgery/adoption and maybe viral or parasitic infectction picked up at the shelter. 😢
Come on little Red! He ate and drank a little after being home.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I need some thoughts/vibes/prayers/whatevers for little Red Zeppelin, my friend had to take him to the emergency vet today because he wasn't eating well and was listless.
He's home with her now and the vet is thinking stress of shelter/surgery/adoption and maybe viral or parasitic infectction picked up at the shelter. 😢
Come on little Red! He ate and drank a little after being home.
I just saw the notification for this post in my inbox. Sending prayers and good thoughts for Little Red Zeppelin and for your friend. I hope little Red will be back to his old self soon. :heartshape:

A few things did come to my mind. Did your friend change his food? I seen cats not fare out well when there food is changed to another brand too suddenly. Another thing that has been on my mind is all the food recalls happening lately. Tell your friend to throughly check out the food she has been giving Little Red and make sure it is okay. Here is a link to recent pet recalls. Recalls & Withdrawals
I hope it is nothing too serious. It is a good sign that the little kitty is eating again and hopeful holding down his food. I hope he is on the rebound and getting back to himself

Well, I got to run. Have a good night. 🙂

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw the notification for this post in my inbox. Sending prayers and good thoughts for Little Red Zeppelin and for your friend. I hope little Red will be back to his old self soon. :heartshape:

A few things did come to my mind. Did your friend change his food? I seen cats not fare out well when there food is changed to another brand too suddenly. Another thing that has been on my mind is all the food recalls happening lately. Tell your friend to throughly check out the food she has been giving Little Red and make sure it is okay. Here is a link to recent pet recalls. Recalls & Withdrawals
I hope it is nothing too serious. It is a good sign that the little kitty is eating again and hopeful holding down his food. I hope he is on the rebound and getting back to himself

Well, I got to run. Have a good night. 🙂
Thanks, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose . The shelter gave her food (that they feed and that I was feeding) to transition with, and she was going to do it very slowly. So I'm not sure where she was, or even if she'd started the transition. But if Red (she renamed him Buzz, perfect name) doesn't have to go back to the vet I'll be visiting tomorrow early afternoon to see them- this was planned before his illness and I can get more details.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a visit from you would really help. Excellent idea and will certainly help Little Red/Buzz. I expect it will help your friend too. Even if treatment for parasites has been done before, sometimes it takes repeated treatments to get rid of them. That could easily be the problem along with the changes that took place. Hoping for simple solutions. I am betting the extra attention Buzz must be getting right now will counteract any insecurities about being adopted. Love can do a lot! Love, best kind of medicine. Please let us know any updates. You know our love and support are with you, your friend and Buzz. :grouphug2:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I did not have to time to update last night, but I did get to see Red (now Buzz Lightyear) yesterday, and he is much better!!!
I am sooooo relieved. I was so scared for him.
My friend said early Sunday morning he woke her up that he wanted to eat, and he chowed down on his own. Yesterday afternoon he was still not full energy but getting there. She had been syringe feeding him a little at a time with slurry and water.
He curled up in my lap and did his usual climbing to my shoulder. And played with Alice (who was Alison.)
The stool sample results are due today or tomorrow, and the CBC was fine. He had a little chest congestion heard via stethoscope at the emergency vet Saturday, so maybe a little URI?
We'll see if any parasites too.

Anyway, you catlovers did it again! He seems to be going to be fine. Thanks soooo much for all the thoughts, prayers, vibes, support...!!!
A few pictures.
And he has the best home, his new mom is a great catlover.

Buzz napping:
Buzz:RedNap.jpg

Buzz and Alice playing, and Alice showing off her shaved/spay leopard belly:
Alice:Buzz.jpg

Buzz in his produce box after eating:
Buzz:RedBox.jpg

Everyone have a good day! I know I will!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I did not have to time to update last night, but I did get to see Red (now Buzz Lightyear) yesterday, and he is much better!!!
I am sooooo relieved. I was so scared for him.
My friend said early Sunday morning he woke her up that he wanted to eat, and he chowed down on his own. Yesterday afternoon he was still not full energy but getting there. She had been syringe feeding him a little at a time with slurry and water.
He curled up in my lap and did his usual climbing to my shoulder. And played with Alice (who was Alison.)
The stool sample results are due today or tomorrow, and the CBC was fine. He had a little chest congestion heard via stethoscope at the emergency vet Saturday, so maybe a little URI?
We'll see if any parasites too.

Anyway, you catlovers did it again! He seems to be going to be fine. Thanks soooo much for all the thoughts, prayers, vibes, support...!!!
A few pictures.
And he has the best home, his new mom is a great catlover.

Buzz napping:View attachment 429257

Buzz and Alice playing, and Alice showing off her shaved/spay leopard belly:
View attachment 429258

Buzz in his produce box after eating:
View attachment 429259

Everyone have a good day! I know I will!!
*Continuing Prayers and best, best thoughts and wishes for little Red, and for Buzz and Alice in their loving home, too! Thanking you for the UPdate.*

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
OMG the produce box. So happy!!! Please keep sending update photos, they make my day! congrats!
Oh thanks! Yes the produce box is so.....kitten! And cat.
I will have to post more pictures when I see them next.

Sharing that *AWWWWWWWWW!* with Margot Lane Margot Lane because, as all cat lovers know, no matter the size or the box, "Ai FITZ. So ai SITZ!":lolup::redheartpump::winkcat::redheartpump:
And, even if it doesn't Fitz, I Squatz till it does!