I have foster kittens.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've signed up to be a foster parent for the shelter I volunteer at, and today I brought home my first foster kittens. They are 4 weeks old, and little stumbling furballs of adorability. They didn't come in with a mama to the shelter. They are all healthy. I'll have them until they are 2 months old and 2 pounds.
What a fun thing, tumbling purring squealy furbabies!
My daughter came over and helped name them:

This is Squealy Dan: (he likes to squeal)
Squealy Dan.jpg

This is Fred Zeppelin:
Fred Zeppelin.jpg

And this is Alison Chains:
Alison Chains.jpg

Life will be a barrel of laughs for the next few weeks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Can’t wait to hear more! Will be curious to know how quickly they get adopted. Does the shelter help you out w/ food or meds or do you provide it all?
The shelter provides all- food, meds, fluids if needed, litter, beds and bedding, toys, litter pans and scoops, towels...it's all covered! I will be checking after they go back too to see when adopted.
I did buy some KMR myself to have, in case one isn't gaining weight because they are needing some encouragement to eat. But that's something I did on my own.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Your foster kitties are precious. I rescued kittens from the streets some years ago. I had them fully vetted and tried to find homes for them. In the end I got them into a no kill and had a foster fail who is now my kitty. Kittens just warm up a house with their innocent, adorable, curious and playful ways. Keep a camera around because guaranteed you want to take a lot of pics.

It is great that the shelter covers all expenses. I paid out of my own pocket for all those things. I ran up some vet bills with vet care and spay surgeries. Also I gave a generous donation to the no kill that took the kittiens in. I was having the wrong people coming to me wanting the kittens. So I decided to let a no kill take it from there. I was lucky to find one that would take the kitties. Ususlly they are at capacity. Well, I regret nothing. It was a very special time in my life. I am happy the kitties found homes and have very fond memories of them. Fostering is a very rewarding experience. You will love it!❤❤❤

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
My foster kittens are doing spectacularly! One (Red Zeppelin) decided he didn't like the wet food, so I bought another brand, but he came back around to what the shelter provides.
They are gaining weight, are 6 weeks old today, and are full on kitten with all the play, pounce, stalk, kitty crab walk, snuggling that they can do. I'm having such fun with them!

Kitten pile on my lap- Alison Chains is the dark tabby face; Squealy Dan is the gray; and Red Zeppelin is the orange tabby.
IMG-5567.jpg

Have you ever seen a sweeter face than this???
IMG-5563.jpg

Red Zeppelin hoping for a great furever home:
IMG-5551.jpg

Family portrait:
IMG-5543.jpg

They LOVE to sit on my shoes:
IMG-5499.jpg

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto! :yeah: My sister and I did that too. I think you will miss the kittens when they're adopted and get new homes.
Oh for sure I will. I have to think of it as giving them a good start. And happy for having them for a bit.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My foster kittens are doing spectacularly! One (Red Zeppelin) decided he didn't like the wet food, so I bought another brand, but he came back around to what the shelter provides.
They are gaining weight, are 6 weeks old today, and are full on kitten with all the play, pounce, stalk, kitty crab walk, snuggling that they can do. I'm having such fun with them!

Kitten pile on my lap- Alison Chains is the dark tabby face; Squealy Dan is the gray; and Red Zeppelin is the orange tabby.
View attachment 425723

Have you ever seen a sweeter face than this???
View attachment 425724

Red Zeppelin hoping for a great furever home:
View attachment 425725

Family portrait:
View attachment 425726

They LOVE to sit on my shoes:
View attachment 425727
Very grateful to, and envious of, you! They are SO adorable, of course. And yes -- a kitten or cat face is the sweetest of all!:heartshape: