I Have Cat Allergies

Beautifulone1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know I sound silly to have a cat as a pet with allergies. They are so cute and hard to resist and I have paid for it. I vacuum at least 3 times a week to eliminate cat hair and keep my apartment clean. I wash often as well. I feel better now than I used to feel as far as my allergies.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's always hope with allergies. My brother had a massive cat allergy for most of his life, he's 54 now. Despite this, a few years ago he felt obliged to rescue a little kitty so he housed it in his garage to minimize the symptoms. However, he noticed that he wasn't suffering as much when he fed etc. the kitty so slowly but surely kitty was integrated into the house. My brother seems to be allergy free now and he's adopted a few since.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm allergic to cats, but managed by having a Hepa air filtration system for the house, hard floors, and wooden/leather furniture. Vacuuming was a constant.

I started working at a shelter four years ago, with constant exposure to 40-70 cats. After a couple of weeks, my asthma attacks simply disappeared and never returned.

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I to am allergic to my 3 cats but I take zyrtek and it works great. I have 1 long hair cat who is almost 16 years old then 2 short hairs. The black is 8 years old and my part bangle is 7 years old and the biggest baby you've ever seen.

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 2 kitties and I have bad cat allergies. Instead of sneezing now, it goes straight into a sinus infection. I don't care though. Wouldn't give up my kitties for anything!! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beautifulone1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 kitties and I have bad cat allergies. Instead of sneezing now, it goes straight into a sinus infection. I don't care though. Wouldn't give up my kitties for anything!! :)
Wow you sound like me! Glad I'm not alone!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH is another. He isn't as bad with our two; but others do set him off a little more. The girls aren't allowed on our bed. They never used to be allowed in our bedroom at all; but Mooch has a little hidey spot in the closet and they both like to sit in our bathroom too. Mooch can't jump on the bed anymore anyway.

My last cat from childhood crossed the Bridge 3 weeks after we got married. I went almost 2 years without a cat and it was AWFUL. Remember how Microsoft Word used to have that little animated paperclip help icon? You could change it to a cat. It would meow and purr and play and things when you clicked on it. So yeah I would sit at my desk at home playing with the little cat. :paperbag::(:bawling: