Purraise
EBF132B0-A706-4A25-8BB2-15A380F1FA97.jpeg
7B6BBC50-5DE7-4B90-9842-2E3081A8A055.jpeg
529B0E68-5427-43D7-9AEF-E7AD6A4DF1E9.jpeg
D84FA7D5-7DE5-4046-9724-5DBB94B2D92C.jpeg
C187F7E1-DC1B-4DCA-BEF8-D78C5758135B.jpeg
8A426A83-3950-4130-A2A2-022EB589EA8D.jpeg
AC2A88B8-1BF3-4FB2-8C21-A6E50863BD81.jpeg
This is Turbo he is 8 months old , weighs 11.5lbs , stocky & strong, very intelligent plays fetch, high fives , gives me paw , sits , lay down and reaches up. His front paws r huge he is pterodactyl but only in front his rear paws r pretty big too! Long tail.And I know some bobcat mix breeds r born with no tail, stubs or a long tail. He has some long hair hair in the ears , black tipped ears, black spots on top front and rear legs, 2 rows of spots down his back with a black strip midway his back up to his tail with a black tip, black broken strip patten on sides and hard to describe markings where is shoulder blades r? Long whiskers and a wide face . He is also very talkative , and does chatting when he plays. And loves played with water. If you have ideas what he could be please let me know my fiancé and I r very curious to know thank you so much!!!

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, he's gorgeous! As far as I know there have never been any confirmed bobcat-domestic cat hybrids. The only way you'd know for sure is on you had a blood test to check his DNA. There have been other threads on TCS about suspected bobcat-domestic cat crosses, but none of them were confirmed.

Cat Ancestry

To me he looks like a very handsome DSH tabby

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Turbo is adorable! I love his big paws and “thumbs”! I would describe him as a brown mackeral tabby Domestic Shorthair. There haven’t been any confirmed matings between bobcats and domestic cats. My guess is that he might have a large breed somewhere in his ancestry. He looks a bit like a Pixie Bob, with a long tail.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a DSH tabby, what makes you think he is a bobcat? DNA tests are kind of pointless as results are not very accurate like dogs. Most cats are of no specific breed ancestry and are simply Domestic short or long hair. So doing a DNA test is just trying to pick anything out of generation after generation of mixed breed cats. He is super cute though, I love Polydactyl cat feets!

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness. He is so unbelievably cute!! I started smiling just looking at his pictures so I don't know how you deal with that amount of cuteness on a daily basis. ;) I just LOVE his coloring and his chunky head and ears. Thank you for sharing him with us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Turbo21^^

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone thank you for the comments about turbo! Someone mentioned pixie bob I have bread about that breed but I do not own to much about it ?

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Edited to remove incorrect information about pixiebobs.

Here's an example of a bobbed tail:

Bobcats are wild cats, whereas cats with bobbed tails are domesticated -- they're not the same thing. :) Pixiebobs don't have any confirmed genetic connection to wild bobcats, either.

Your kitty is definitely a domestic shorthair with a tabby pattern (colors/specifics are explained above by others with more knowledge).

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The thing is, his tail is a normal length, so he's definitely not a pixiebob. A bobbed tail is noticeably shorter than normal, like this:

Also, bobcats are wild cats, whereas cats with bobbed tails are domesticated -- they're not the same thing. :)

Your kitty is definitely a domestic shorthair with a tabby pattern (colors/specifics are explained above by others with more knowledge).
Pixie bobs (like Manx, American Bobtails), can have long tails. Those are just not the show quality cats. :)

I do agree with you, that he isn’t a Pixie Bob, but I think he is a pretty nice lookalike to a long-tailed Pixie Bob, if you look at the overall head shape, body shape, and coloring.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pixie bobs (like Manx, American Bobtails), can have long tails. Those are just not the show quality cats. :)

I do agree with you, that he isn’t a Pixie Bob, but I think he is a pretty nice lookalike to a long-tailed Pixie Bob, if you look at the overall head shape, body shape, and coloring.
Okay, noted about the tails, but he still looks like a regular tabby to me! Regardless, he would be classified as a domestic shorthair because he doesn't have papers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness. He is so unbelievably cute!! I started smiling just looking at his pictures so I don't know how you deal with that amount of cuteness on a daily basis. ;) I just LOVE his coloring and his chunky head and ears. Thank you for sharing him with us!
I agree! He has the sweetest face! :redheartpump:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe your handsome guy as a brown mackerel tabby domestic shorthair. He is a polydactyl cat, and appears to have preaxial polydactyly ("mitten foot" type of polydactyly) which is a relatively common mutation in the US. Here are some links if you want to read more about polydactyly.
Polydactyl cat - Wikipedia
Polydactyl Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Turbo21^^

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Watch is video of a Pixiebob kitten. He looks very close in comparison .

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone thank you for the comments about turbo! Someone mentioned pixie bob I have bread about that breed but I do not own to much about it ?
In a nutshell. Somebody rounded up a bunch of cats that had somewhat of a Bobcat coloring appearance and a genetic oddity of bobbed tails). Bred them to encourage bobbed tail dominance in offspring.
The outcome became predictable enough to be classified as a breed. :thumbsup: