I have a question

Eat_Lavalamps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! I found this website while I was looking for an answer about my pure black cat. Hopefully you guys will have an answer for me! So on my cat's front leg there is a white spot that has been slowly growing over the course of a week or so. It started out as a small spot so I didn't think much of it. But it started webbing out. I just came back from a 5 day vacation and I noticed that the white spot had webbed out to most of her leg and that the original fur it started out on was kinda thin. Should I get her checked out or is this normal for Black cats? Thank you!

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site!
How old is your cat? What part of her body has it? It c old be the food allergy or medical

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eat_Lavalamps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She just turned 1 year! She has it on her front right leg. She seems perfectly fine and whenever I touch it she shows no discomfort or pain.

Eat_Lavalamps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your recommendation! I would still like to be aware of what is happening so any ideas?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
As maggie101 is suggesting, it's not particularly normal.

She's not licking the area at all?

Could she have had an injury in the past and the hair is changing color because the hair roots have been damaged/changed?

In the second photo, is that a white circle of hair around a little spot?

I would keep taking photos to document this if it continues to progress, and if you're going in to see the vet for a wellness checkup in the relatively near future, see what they think.

Last edited:

Eat_Lavalamps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She isn't licking it. She is an inside cat that stays to herself when our other cats are around so she hasn't had an injury lately that I've known about. Yes that is a circle, it's the original spot that it started out. I will keep photos of what's happening, thank you!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm. That's approximately the area where the leg typically gets shaved prior to insertion of a needle, but I'm not sure that or a needle being inserted there would cause damage to the hair roots, but it does seem a little suspicious.

Maybe an insect bite, but I'm really guessing now because if it were that, I would think she'd be licking it.

Eat_Lavalamps

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep, im going to try to see a vet on this. She seems fine but i'm just worried. She hasn't had this happen to her before. Maybe im just over-reacting but something seems off about it.