I have a pregnant cat

Scarletfoster5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there, so 1 weeks ago we notice our cat staying in side and we didnt even know she was pregnant until we notice her nipples and stomach being extremely big.
i want to know how far until she gonna give birth because i want ti be there when it happens so shes safe and the kittens are safe.
She is breathing really heavy, and always wants to lay down in bed with us and also she has been making high pitch meows

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be in labor now. Can you post a picture of her? Have you seen kitten movement in her belly in the last week? Is she having any vaginal discharge?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may have a couple of weeks left. It’s hard to know. Have you checked out our pregnant cat articles at the top of the forum?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scarletfoster5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes i have, she hasnt given birth yet! I just want her to hurry up and give birth its so exciting

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure to get prepare before the birth with a birthing area. Have KMR and bottle/nipples on hand just in case mom doesnt nurse them or one needs extra help. A kitchen scale is needed to weigh the kittens daily. And keep her inside! And please do not let her out again until you can get her spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

Scarletfoster5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was panting 2 days ago but no kittens have arrived

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps she was having pre-labor contractions. It’s not uncommon.

She also may need extra calcium. Low calcium can cause panting. Low calcium can be dangerous.

Give her a dish of kitten formula a day to drink, or finely crush an eggshell and sprinkle a teaspoon into her wet food. You can also give her full fat goats milk, but no cow’s milk. Cats cannot digest lactose. It causes diarrhea.

How is she today?

S Scarletfoster5

Last edited:

Scarletfoster5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is good today, she is just eating alot, i just wanna know when shes gonna give birth