I have a new family member.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Meet Gracie, my newest kitty. I had decided to adopt senior cats when I was ready for another one. She had been at the shelter I volunteer at since August, her owner had died and the owner's family could not keep her. Poor girl!
She is a dear dear sweet little thing. I'd seen her and worked with her quite a few times doing kennel cleaning and the Kitty Comfort program they have for fearful cats, cats not eating, stressed cats.
She's 12 years old. Is a tortie point siamese.
She's adjusting! Was so scared in the shelter, but is doing well at home here. (Home! Sounds so good.) I brought her home yesterday afternoon, and after a couple of hours of figuring things out she would come up to me for lots of scratches and brushing. She purrs and purrs and head butts and leans on me. She's eating, drinking, peeing/pooping, and plays a bit!
She's in a bedroom now, and my other cats (Mooshoo and Waffles) aren't freaked out. Waffles is oblivious but aware she's here, and Mooshoo is more curious but wary.
I couldn't get her out of my mind, and she just got into my heart. Such a love. It felt so right.
She has a benign heart murmur but no other medical issues. I'm keeping her shelter name, I usually do food names but Gracie just fits too well. Maybe someday I'll have a George- all of you won't know what I mean ;). (I had a Fred and a Ginger in the past.)
Life feels more complete.

Loafing on the chair:
Gracie.jpg

Last edited:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've made my whole day, Pearl99! I'm mean that honestly, too. Gracie hit the jackpot when you came into her life. Thank you for taking her in, and please keep us up to date on her progress, especially when do introduce her to your existing cats.

And she's beautiful, by the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!
So far she's doing great. Totally comfortable with me, and my daughter came over yesterday and Gracie was very comfortable right off the bat. She's so sweet and affectionate. She meows at bedtime though! 11pm or so. But last night it was a lot less. My resident cats have discovered her more and kind of nervous but when they see she's this little grandma kitty I think they will be fine.
I have to get a new furnace put in this morning so things will be chaos for them, so will wait to start the slow introduction process till after today!

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's so kind and thoughtful of you to give that pretty little lady a new forever home. I'm sure will she make you and many other folks very happy. Senior cats have so much to give, and ask for so little in return, I fail to understand how anyone not love and want them.

Thank you so much for taking care of Gracie now, and I hope you have many happy, fun times together.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Day 3 and things are pretty good. I have baby gates up in the hallway so Gracie can walk between two rooms and Waffles and Mooshoo are observing her from about 10 feet away. No fuzzed tails, no hackles up, no sign of fear. They are definitely cautious though. Gracie saw Moo near the gate and started to walk over quickly and Moo retreated. Didn't see any fear from Gracie. So I think we're off to a good start! She sure meows a lot. Especially at 5AM :crazy:
Attached a couple of videos of her:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
2 weeks today since bringing Gracie home from the shelter, it's been going so well I decided to do a Meet 'n Greet face to face. Mooshoo first up, and zero reaction from either. Gracie is in her favorite spot besides a lap, and Moo just walked up looked at Gracie and sniffed, sniffed around a little, and waltzed off. No reaction from Gracie.
Whew! My instincts were Gracie would be a good one for my other two and so far...but here's hoping it holds.

Buffster7 Buffster7 , a picture- can see Gracie's butt:

MooGracie.jpg

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I never received this tag and never saw this pic til I found your thread again! This is all such great news!! I'm so happy to hear more excerpts from the Adventures of Gracie and Moofles! And I think I have a crush on Moo...apparently I have a thing for tuxedos..:loveeyes:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm late to the "welcome Gracie" thread, but I'm here now. :wave2: She's adorable. :lovecat3: I'm so glad you were able to give her a home. :redheartpump:
I hope she and Mooshoo and Waffles all become best buddies. :catlove:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I never received this tag and never saw this pic til I found your thread again! This is all such great news!! I'm so happy to hear more excerpts from the Adventures of Gracie and Moofles! And I think I have a crush on Moo...apparently I have a thing for tuxedos..:loveeyes:
Yeah she's adorable. So goofy. I think she and Gracie would make good snugglers together. :catlove:.