I Have A Cooking Question!!!

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I want to make some beef tips, and this recipe looks pretty good, with one exception--the worstershire sauce. I do not like it, mainly because I know it has anchovies in it, which grosses me out. Target sells a vegan worstershire sauce without anchovies that I have tried before, but it still has a strong taste, and using 1/4 of a cup in a recipe is quite a bit. My question is, would it work to replace all or maybe half of the worstershire sauce with A1 sauce--specifically A1 Thick and Hearty? I love A1 sauce, along with the rest of my family, but I am afraid that it would make it taste weird. What do you think? By the way, I plan to replace two of the cups of water with beef broth (to make it less bland), if that makes a difference. Also, I am probably going to have to double the recipe, so that would change things.

Beef Tips Recipe - Genius Kitchen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, A1 is a delicious sauce from Heaven! Worcestershire sauce comes from the other place. :redtongue: I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong in my first post too. :lolup:

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A1 would be a good substitute. I don't use either in my beef tips. I brown them,adding onion the last few minutes, cook them slow for a couple of hours until they are tender in the oven, with two or three bay leaves, salt and peeper, and garlic powder. Cover all with beef broth. Then when they are done, take a package or two of brown gravy mix and add to thicken. Pour over noodles or rice, heaven!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A1 would be a good substitute. I don't use either in my beef tips. I brown them,adding onion the last few minutes, cook them slow for a couple of hours until they are tender in the oven, with two or three bay leaves, salt and peeper, and garlic powder. Cover all with beef broth. Then when they are done, take a package or two of brown gravy mix and add to thicken. Pour over noodles or rice, heaven!
That sounds delicious! It's only 6:00 in the morning here, but I may have to start cooking them now!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's true!When I cook ham and beans I always put in a package of onion soup. It is delicious! My signature recipe is homemade chicken and noodles. There is NO comparison to homemade noodles, no frozen or dried. EVERY TIME I have used farm fresh eggs people have commented too, and said how good they are, so they really must taste different too.