I have a 1 yr old male beauty but I’m really unsure on how breed his mummy was a lilac point Siamese as I got to meet her

Silvanred

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi this is Merlin our full silvery grey boy he turned 1yrs in June and has some unusual features he has very faint stripes on his tail, legs and blotches across his flank with clear darker stripe along the spine. He’s predominantly lilac/grey but his stripes are strange in colour being very slightly orange red. His face and paws are so pale they’re very silvery I’ve tried to get some photos but they really do not show up these markings. When I brought him home I met his mom who was a lilac point Siamese I asked the lady about his father where she produced a picture of a black cat who looked almost Siamese/oriental in appearance. Anyway would love some feed back on what others know/think about what’s his breed is xx

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He being a very mixed is no breed. Otherwise the question will arise if he is somewhat alike of a korat or a russian blue. With parents both slender siamese typed it should prob be a rb alike. These markings you mention are orob ghost stripes. Quite common on solid colored cats.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pa. There happen occasionally rb born pointed. These arent used in breeding. But theretically his mom could be such an untypical rb. The chance slim, but a shade bigger than nil...

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah unfortunately unless the owner of the mom bought her from a registered breeder there are no guarantees she was a purebred siamese either. Lots of colorpoints in domestic short/long hairs nowadays and very far removed from siamese. I would just classify him as a domestic short hair grey.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very unique looking, I love his markings. I am wondering if you bred him if the lilac point would show up in the kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silvanred

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yah unfortunately unless the owner of the mom bought her from a registered breeder there are no guarantees she was a purebred siamese either. Lots of colorpoints in domestic short/long hairs nowadays and very far removed from siamese. I would just classify him as a domestic short hair grey.
Hi thanks for some feedback I do know his mom was pure bred as she did have certification for her but obviously didn’t for Merlin as he’s not a pure bred she explained his father was oriental breed so also a mix but with one Siamese parent I’m assuming but I can’t be sure about that. His father was very striking looking but also had the Siamese slender look and long ears. Merlin resembles his mom in face but he’s different with his green eyes and obviously no points so yeah I’m ts left me just very curious about it really she wasn’t able to give much info about the father you see :) his markings are unusual as where a thexsiamese have their points Merlin is light coloured almost white/silver except in his tail which is clearly striped so yes at just past 1 I would have thought any ghost markings would have gone? I just don’t know an awful lot though :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silvanred

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's very unique looking, I love his markings. I am wondering if you bred him if the lilac point would show up in the kittens.
Ah thank you I have no idea I had never considered breeding with him but he has such beautiful colourings and a fantastic temperament we are a large family with five children of various ages and he just takes it all in his stride and not phased by them at all he likes to check in with everyone and make sure we’re all ok, has even sat with one of our youngest until she settled to sleep during a bad night! He’s also showing he’s got quite an athletic streak now too climbing curtains and so on enjoys watching water and chasing it so the toilet bowl after it’s flushed is his favourite place! just an all round lovely cat to have as a memeber of our family. Our other British short hair cat is quite a grumpy eccentric but very lovable in a get lost I hate you kind of way 😂 he prefers a good scratch rather than cuddles and tends to tell us all off if we over fuss him 😂 they couldn’t really be more different with temperaments yet they get on well also.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin is a very beautiful cat, those green eyes and silvery blue coat and beautiful face 😻 He looks a bit Russian bluish to me and the delicate face may resemble his mom as well who you said was pb, he looks more oriental to me. You are very lucky, he sounds like one of those once in a lifetime kitties who is so loving as well as being a stunner.
I have a Merlin too, a big ginger tabby tux boy who I rescued from outside.

I made a collage of him and some pb rb and korat pics for comparison.
EED030DA-3102-4EF1-A0C2-23E7CBA203DD.png

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin is a very beautiful cat, those green eyes and silvery blue coat and beautiful face 😻 He looks a bit Russian bluish to me and the delicate face may resemble his mom as well who you said was pb, he looks more oriental to me. You are very lucky, he sounds like one of those once in a lifetime kitties who is so loving as well as being a stunner.
I have a Merlin too, a big ginger tabby tux boy who I rescued from outside.

I made a collage of him and some pb rb and korat pics for comparison.
View attachment 389530
He is a looker. Love those beautiful glowing green eyes of his.