I hate May.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a very bad month for me. My mom passed away May 14th 2004, which also happened to be my grandma's birthday. My grandma passed away last year and was buried on my mom's birthday (oct 23). So I guess they're even now.

I just have no desire to do anything right now. And I'm probably going to be this way for the next 2 weeks. And mother's day is coming up....woohoo. It doesn't help that it's been raining for 3 days straight. Just fits right in with my mood. I even called into work telling them I'm going to be late...I just don't feel like dealing with people right now.

It's funny how these things just come up and smack you in the face. Anyway, just wanted to vent a bit. Just feeling sorry for myself today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. As I said, I was just feeling sorry for myself and having a bad day. I really have to stop posting stupid things like this. But thanks for the hugs!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not stupid at all.
I am like that with January, same reason.

This is the first year that I'm not flat out angry with the whole Mother's Day thing. All those blasted commercials, like giving her a diamond or flowers is all you need to do!
But that changed when Annie came into our lives on Mother's Day. Maybe she was a little gift from my Mom, but she sure is a joy. So now I have a different thing to associate with Mother's Day - Annie. But it took 8 years before something positive happened that overshadowed the negative.

No matter what other people say, I think it is perfectly normal for certain days, weeks, months to reignite the grief we have for someone we love so much, like our mothers, when they are gone. I don't think we ever "get over it". How can we? We only have one mother, one father, limited grandparents, etc.

Be gentle with yourself.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry for this difficult emotional time.

You're not alone. My dad died in May, so I'm always reminded of him at this time.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Thanks guys. As I said, I was just feeling sorry for myself and having a bad day. I really have to stop posting stupid things like this. But thanks for the hugs!
It isn't stupid . Both my parents died on September 2. 28 years apart but it is a very difficult day for me.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not stupid to post things you are going through. We are all here for each other in good times and bad!!
I hope you feel better soon!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I agree - it's not stupid at all. I can really empathize. I just lost my mom on March 28, and I'm really dreading Mother's Day. Right now I can't stand seeing all the ads. They seem to be everywhere.