I Has An Expresshun!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Grump (I saw a neat shot of him on the edge of the sunlight highlighted nicely so I pointed the camera at him....and got this.....)
View attachment 327985
I must say GaryT you do a spectacular job of keeping your beautiful Theo’s fur in tip top shape! That’s not an easy task with a long haired cat (as I’m finding out 🙀). He looks gorgeous 👌🏻

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I must say GaryT you do a spectacular job of keeping your beautiful Theo’s fur in tip top shape! That’s not an easy task with a long haired cat (as I’m finding out 🙀). He looks gorgeous 👌🏻
he gets combed twice a day and he LOVES to be combed. Now, after a year of my routine, all I have to do is pick up the comb and he comes running. I also use a spritz bottle with water to help static and fly-away fur. It is a task that is a joy.. He is a bit of a handful with back legs. I get nailed every once in a while trying to comb them! He has already lost much of his gorgeous winter coat. Mostly his mane.
I also try to bathe him once a month. He is due now.
DSCN8062.JPG

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Once they get used to the routine, it is a joy to comb them. Also, it is easier because the coat will be in MUCH better condition.Cats are creatures of habit. I established the habit of combing right away first day I had him. He did fight a bit in the beginning but, once they realize it feels good, they will come to love the fact that you are paying attention to them. It builds a stronger bond. After bathing, the comb practically falls right thru the coat. It also helped that the breeder I got him from combed and bathed him right from birth.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Once they get used to the routine, it is a joy to comb them. Also, it is easier because the coat will be in MUCH better condition.Cats are creatures of habit. I established the habit of combing right away first day I had him. He did fight a bit in the beginning but, once they realize it feels good, they will come to love the fact that you are paying attention to them. It builds a stronger bond. After bathing, the comb practically falls right thru the coat. It also helped that the breeder I got him from combed and bathed him right from birth.
That’s great he’s willing to submit to his spritz and comb out! Jemima mostly enjoys her grooming but Lucca 😳 he isn’t very cooperative at all. I have to pet and scratch and comb and pet...it’s quite a chore with him! He detests water, even in the tiniest amount. And he has like 3 levels of fur. I keep at it because he definitely is nicer looking with a groomed coat.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Mocha (with earnest, innocent look): “I wasn’t lying in wait to jump on Iris. How could you think such a thing?”
Me: “Oh, I don’t know, Mocha. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that a split second ago, you were crouched down and your butt was wiggling.”
2F03182A-E114-4B83-8FB7-65716A41D36C.jpeg