I Has An Expresshun!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering that myself, but looking closely it seems like one has gold eyes while the other has green.
WOW, I want to say I see that eye color difference, but to me it is so subtle, I just can't see it, but you may be right, that is how they can tell the difference. I hope she clarifies this for us.:dunno:

FeralRussian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
48EDD62C-4D73-4468-A37F-B665DBB92BE5.jpeg
2E358013-3592-4736-B6F7-4A91F8B755F4.jpeg
WOW, I want to say I see that eye color difference, but to me it is so subtle, I just can't see it, but you may be right, that is how they can tell the difference. I hope she clarifies this for us.:dunno:
They are slowly changing. Gradually getting green inner rings. From what I have read, when they are about a year they may have full green eyes if the Russian blue genes are dominant. Gustav on top and Anais following.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Iris: She’s behind me, isn’t she. She always behind me. Everywhere I go, she follows. She’s a pest. Make her stop.

Me: Mocha adores you, Iris. You should be flattered.

Mocha: I follow her everywhere. I love her. So much.

Iris: <grumble>
C409410A-00D3-4284-8886-380135C6338F.jpeg

Last edited:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank you so much for the physical difference critique, even though ever so subtle. Sounds like the slight difference in eye color that they have now, the female's eyes are changing as you say to the green the male has. Soon then I suppose that will be close to identical. The bridge of the nose, stands to reason the male's would be wider and of course his stature would be larger. His tail is bigger and floofier, he is bigger. Again, all subtle difference, but the main thing is that they both are Gorgeous!! :loveeyes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 276920 View attachment 276921
They are slowly changing. Gradually getting green inner rings. From what I have read, when they are about a year they may have full green eyes if the Russian blue genes are dominant. Gustav on top and Anais following.
I can definitely see the difference, and their fur lengths and facial structures are very different, but they're both indubitably blue! My Elvis, a blue/cream tabby shorthair adopted from a family who needed to rehome him, definitely approves. His nickname is Big Blue.

Attachments

FeralRussian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank you so much for the physical difference critique, even though ever so subtle. Sounds like the slight difference in eye color that they have now, the female's eyes are changing as you say to the green the male has. Soon then I suppose that will be close to identical. The bridge of the nose, stands to reason the male's would be wider and of course his stature would be larger. His tail is bigger and floofier, he is bigger. Again, all subtle difference, but the main thing is that they both are Gorgeous!! :loveeyes:
I’m head over heels obsessed with them. Their little triangle patches on their noses floor me every time.

Attachments

FeralRussian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can definitely see the difference, and their fur lengths and facial structures are very different, but they're both indubitably blue! My Elvis, a blue/cream tabby shorthair adopted from a family who needed to rehome him, definitely approves. His nickname is Big Blue.
Awww, send thanks to Big Beautiful Blue Elvis