I Got My Feral In The House Today!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a pic of my Feral Gang I will post a pic of Wallis new catio as soon as I can!
The camera is at the shelter I built for them Hoping this winter they will stay in the bins!
Charlie is still new to the gang, this pic must be before he was neutered no ear tip.
The Gang.png

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a pic of my Feral Gang I will post a pic of Wallis new catio as soon as I can!
The camera is at the shelter I built for them Hoping this winter they will stay in the bins!
Charlie is still new to the gang, this pic must be before he was neutered no ear tip.
View attachment 355708
Thanks!!

What GORGEOUS cats!!!!

I think I just fell in love 4 times!! GORGEOUS!!! 😍

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C calicosrspecial Thank you for reminding me that if they are cold they do have a place to go
I seem to stress that they don't go in my shelter but true if they get cold
they have a place to go, I have to remind myself this

fyi: I had a cool idea what about making beds with zero degree sleeping bags?
sheesh what a great idea I should start a thread but can't right now
maybe once I get going on it. I live in San Diego but it can get cold
shadowsrescue shadowsrescue rescue I will get the pic of Wallis catio as soon as I can!!!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C calicosrspecial Thank you for reminding me that if they are cold they do have a place to go
I seem to stress that they don't go in my shelter but true if they get cold
they have a place to go, I have to remind myself this

fyi: I had a cool idea what about making beds with zero degree sleeping bags?
sheesh what a great idea I should start a thread but can't right now
maybe once I get going on it. I live in San Diego but it can get cold
shadowsrescue shadowsrescue rescue I will get the pic of Wallis catio as soon as I can!!!
You are very welcome.

Cats are resilient and learn the good places to go (even though we may not see them or even see evidence they are using them).

You are doing great!!!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!
so Charlie beat up Sammy and Sammy is limping it started Tuesday I think, well Sammy showed up this morning after not seeing him for over 24 hours, 36 I think, I was so stressed out calling him all day yesterday and I even got up at 3 in the morning looking for him.
blacky and tex came out as I was looking for him, one thing I found where blacky sleeps! So Sammy showed up this morning after Charlie left, I was so elated to see him, In my mind He was dying somewhere, you know how cat bites can be!
so that was so much stress I have decided to get these cats in my back yard and put coyote rollers up, I can't take the stress anymore.
during my chemo, I was home 24/7 and got so attached to them!
I will bring the 3 in Sammy Tex and Blacky, Charlie will be too much of a problem and he doesn't really live around here, he just comes to eat. I am not so attached to Charlie thankfully. I am able to pet Blacky when he is eating snacks now, I mean full on scratching petting etc.. only when he eats treats! ha ha
so I'm still dealing with Sammy I may need to trap him and get him to the vet, I'm trying right now maybe just get an antibiotic if I can.
any ideas on how to get antibiotics for a cat that has never been seen? I may be able to get some under walli or joeys name not sure.
Im getting a new fence after Christmas so I will wait till then to start my back yard plans

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gotten an over the counter antibiotic many times from my vet. I just tell him its for my feral that is too wild to come in. Outside cats are too hard to be seen regularly. If he is limping it may be an abscess. The only time my ferals see a vet is when they are neutered. That get their shots then too. They are also too smart to go back in s trap!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!
so Charlie beat up Sammy and Sammy is limping it started Tuesday I think, well Sammy showed up this morning after not seeing him for over 24 hours, 36 I think, I was so stressed out calling him all day yesterday and I even got up at 3 in the morning looking for him.
blacky and tex came out as I was looking for him, one thing I found where blacky sleeps! So Sammy showed up this morning after Charlie left, I was so elated to see him, In my mind He was dying somewhere, you know how cat bites can be!
so that was so much stress I have decided to get these cats in my back yard and put coyote rollers up, I can't take the stress anymore.
during my chemo, I was home 24/7 and got so attached to them!
I will bring the 3 in Sammy Tex and Blacky, Charlie will be too much of a problem and he doesn't really live around here, he just comes to eat. I am not so attached to Charlie thankfully. I am able to pet Blacky when he is eating snacks now, I mean full on scratching petting etc.. only when he eats treats! ha ha
so I'm still dealing with Sammy I may need to trap him and get him to the vet, I'm trying right now maybe just get an antibiotic if I can.
any ideas on how to get antibiotics for a cat that has never been seen? I may be able to get some under walli or joeys name not sure.
Im getting a new fence after Christmas so I will wait till then to start my back yard plans
Hang in there. PLEASE do not stress.

Personally I would try to trap Sammy and get him into the vet. And then figure out what to do after that. If the wound is serious then we would try to figure out a solution.

So you are thinking of fencing in the yard and putting coyote rollers to keep the cats safe in the backyard. Not bringing them in the house, correct?

Your health is most important so please try not to stress. I know it is much easier said than done but try.

Let us know how it goes. I know trapping is a challenge so we'll figure it out depending on how it goes.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!
I trapped him this morning going to the vets, I feel so bad for him, he's scared, don't tell the others but
he is my favorite, not sure why.
I tried getting antibiotics from the 2 vets -no go.
I will have him recuperating in the garage till he's healed.

Yes I will try and keep them in my backyard, they won't like it at first but it will be much safer I guess. ugh!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!
I trapped him this morning going to the vets, I feel so bad for him, he's scared, don't tell the others but
he is my favorite, not sure why.
I tried getting antibiotics from the 2 vets -no go.
I will have him recuperating in the garage till he's healed.

Yes I will try and keep them in my backyard, they won't like it at first but it will be much safer I guess. ugh!
Really great job. It usually isn't that easy so it is great it happened so quickly!!

Awwwww, it is nice he is your fave. :)

I know, it is scary for them. But now he can be on the road to recovery.

I usually cook some chicken thighs and give them the meat when they are in the trap, etc. Food tends to ease concerns especially warm chicken thigh meat. :)

Yes, most vets need to see the cat. Understandable.

That is a great way to do it. If you have a large dog crate it can make it more palatable for them (and for you).

Great on the backyard. I know, it is really difficult to figure out what is best. Ideally we find them homes but reality suggests a different path. :( All we can do is our best and you sure are doing your best AND a GREAT job!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all you are doing!!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tracy!!! I'm so behind, but just got caught up on your thread. I was so excited to read that you're cancer free and back to work! Praise the Lord!! And the pics of your babes are beautiful - you have a handsome clowder there. How is Sammie doing after vet visit? I hear you..sometimes cats are stressful. 1000% agree! I just wanted to stop in and say that YOU are amazing - you kicked cancer's arse and you're still saving kitties - all on the D.L. - no fuss, no frills, just a super hero flying under the radar. ;):angel:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
copied this from buffster7 thread:
I'm not feeling 100% I'm part time right now, thanks!
I know it was Charlie, Sammy has been defending himself/territory for awhile, the other 2 don't have to I guess
Sammy has been in the garage I released him last Wednesday and he voluntarily comes back at night!!!
I was not expecting that, I let him out after Charlie leaves and when it warms up, and he will follow me around
the neighborhood, and then follow me back to the house and he hangs out around the house and then I can coax him
back in the garage at night, I leave partway open, so it's not a big noise when I close the door, he's still limping and has hair shaved
all over, so he looks weird, he's doing better. I'm planning on getting the 3 in my yard with no way out.
Tex and Black would never attack Sammy like that. Blacky and Sammy are somewhat bonded, and Tex is a weirdo! hee hee

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Sammy has been in the garage I released him last Wednesday and he voluntarily comes back at night!!!
I was not expecting that, I let him out after Charlie leaves and when it warms up, and he will follow me around
the neighborhood, and then follow me back to the house and he hangs out around the house and then I can coax him
back in the garage at night," - Awwwwwwwww, he feels your love for him.

"I leave partway open, so it's not a big noise when I close the door, he's still limping and has hair shaved
all over, so he looks weird, he's doing better." - SO happy he is doing better. You are a lifesaver!!!

" I'm planning on getting the 3 in my yard with no way out. " - Great :)

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sheesh so much has happened with these cats! I can pet them all now, I gave flea treatment to them all.
Blacky will get on my lap and loves it, they all can be fearful of me at times, Texy loves to be brushed!
I think he was abandoned and not born feral, He's the only one that will play with a cat toy.
I have been so busy preparing my back yard for them, we got most of the coyote rollers up.
found cat houses, bought 1 to make sure and now have to order 2 more, I will modify them for winter.
we are going to be building something for the houses not sure yet, we are putting cat fencing in the
corners of the fencing as animals can get on our neighbors fence and hop in.
so much to do! I'm trying to do some landscaping in the yard to make it pleasant for them.
also may hire a carpenter for something for them to climb up on and see over the fence.
I will take pics while working in the yard this weekend as I know I promosied pics of Wallis's new catio
well it's a year old now.
Joey and Walli are the same, Joey still hates cats and Walli is still fearful
knowing what Iknow now, I brought Walli in way to early.

Hope all is well with your cats!
I just pray these cats will be ok till I can get them in the yard
oh Sammy still comes in the garage every night!
I wish I could get all 3 in, but I tried, I got blacky in 1 rainy night ( I carried him inside the house
and then to the garage! no way! ha ha!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey if anybody has any ideas for my backyard please let me know!
I'm totally winging it!

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just a thought. If they are inside and are going to be “let out” to play during the day with maybe some overnight sleep outs? I put a cat door from catflap fever at a window and another at the garage...two different groups. One catcatraz is a two story the other three story with doors I can open for yard time. Easy build and gives you some bad weather alternatives

Attachments