I Got My Feral In The House Today!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I was really impressed with his body language, his demeanor. I get a sense you are making great progress with him. GREAT to see!!

Keep up the great work!! WELL DONE!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! His tail is his "friend" lots of times he has it between his front paws
hee hee!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I had a tail like that, I would keep it between my front paws, too! I'm in AWE! And he's such a love bug, isn't he? WELL DONE!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he he! Not always a love bug! but he's getting there!
He doesn't cuddle or sit with me or even sleep in the bed with me like my other cats did. but that could be a good thing I guess!
for years I slept in a certain position for my Tigger.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he he I will have to video Joey holding his tail!
rubysmama rubysmama now that I know how to make a video I will get one of Walli it will be boring tho, she doesn't do much when I'm around.

Positive note, just figured out Joey is doing so much better!
He rubbed my leg while I was talking to Walli through the door, he use to bite and attack my leg.

I have been thinking it's the CBD and I know it is working, but I had forgotten I was diligently scruffing and hissing when he would bite.
He has not bitten since, and he is definitely changing.
I think something new is going on with Walli too, very small steps but I think she may be starting to see I'm not going to hurt her. She has a long way to go, I hope she will let me love her, what a tough life she must of had on the streets. I would love for her to feel what a pet feels like and some scritches on the ears!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think something new is going on with Walli too, very small steps but I think she may be starting to see I'm not going to hurt her. She has a long way to go, I hope she will let me love her, what a tough life she must of had on the streets. I would love for her to feel what a pet feels like and some scritches on the ears!
Maybe she heard that she's going to "star" in her own video and wants to be sure she looks like a precious princess onscreen. :hearthrob:

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he he I will have to video Joey holding his tail!
rubysmama rubysmama now that I know how to make a video I will get one of Walli it will be boring tho, she doesn't do much when I'm around.

Positive note, just figured out Joey is doing so much better!
He rubbed my leg while I was talking to Walli through the door, he use to bite and attack my leg.

I have been thinking it's the CBD and I know it is working, but I had forgotten I was diligently scruffing and hissing when he would bite.
He has not bitten since, and he is definitely changing.
"He rubbed my leg while I was talking to Walli through the door". YES!!!! He wants to "own" you. Fantastic sign of bonding!!

WELL DONE!!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joey's playing has changed recently (growing up)? He still wants to play but he's not going after the wand toy like he use to
It's making me confused on how to play with him, which he needs for all his energy. I switched back to the cat dancer and that is helping, lately he wants to play while under our bedding, which I don't like because of allergies, but I let him (sigh)
I do put a small blanket he can play under on top of my bedding also.

There has been a couple times Walli has let me bring treats to the catio without running away, but mostly she runs away when I approach.

I wish I had more time for the cats, but all my spare time has been for building my Feral Cat Shelters, which are almost done, I think I may have 2 more weeks to go till the outside structure is done, all the bins are done.

That's all the updates for now!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Joey's playing has changed recently (growing up)? He still wants to play but he's not going after the wand toy like he use to
It's making me confused on how to play with him, which he needs for all his energy. I switched back to the cat dancer and that is helping, lately he wants to play while under our bedding, which I don't like because of allergies, but I let him (sigh)
I do put a small blanket he can play under on top of my bedding also.
These might be helpful:
7 Proven Ways To Get Your Cat To Be More Active | TheCatSite
Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know | TheCatSite
How To Choose The Best Toy For Your Cat | TheCatSite
17 Best Toys For Lazy Cats | TheCatSite

There has been a couple times Walli has let me bring treats to the catio without running away, but mostly she runs away when I approach.
Oh, Walli, love. You don't know what you're missing by not letting your Mom give you hugs and attention. :( But you're safe, warm and well fed, so whether you know it or not, your life is better now than it was before. :hearthrob:

I wish I had more time for the cats, but all my spare time has been for building my Feral Cat Shelters, which are almost done, I think I may have 2 more weeks to go till the outside structure is done, all the bins are done.
How many ferals are you caring for?

That's all the updates for now!
Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Rubysmama! I will read all the toy links!
I started with 4 Street Ferals, lost one and I have 1 that isn't part of the gang but he comes and eats occasionally and
he needs to be neutered, I am trapping this weekend, I hope I get him, I'm devoting my entire Saturday out there with
the drop trap!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks Rubysmama! I will read all the toy links!
I started with 4 Street Ferals, lost one and I have 1 that isn't part of the gang but he comes and eats occasionally and
he needs to be neutered, I am trapping this weekend, I hope I get him, I'm devoting my entire Saturday out there with
the drop trap!

Good luck with your trapping. :crossfingers: And thanks for all you do for the ferals. :bouquet:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody! I got him first thing he was out ther first thing before I setup the trap very unusual he was yowling at Tex. It was still dark and I thought it was Tex under the trap and then I saw Tex off to the side and oh man it was like pull the string!,, sheesh a year later then my other cats!,