Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks tabbytom, hubbys fine, Joey is too, just a lot of work right now.

rubysmama, I did consider rehoming Joey but not sure why anyone would want him, He is a sweet boy, he just has issues, I did contact Friends of Cats (a cat rescue/adoption in San Diego) but no response, I seriously wanted to re home him last week but I'm ok now, He really has gotten a lot better. I think he gets frustrated because he cannot have contact with any cats he sees.
I will give it another year, he will probably mellow as he ages.
He is still like a kitten! play play play!!!

One thing I want to work on is to say ow instead of hiss, I think he would respond better to an emotional cry from me, instead of the hiss
but my natural response is hiss! ha ha

Oh and thanks for the articles (always)!!
I am going to have his canine teeth ground down, just to protect us from accidental bites
he doesn't mean to hurt us, he's still learning to be a house cat!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vet will not grind his teeth down, I think everyone will be relieved!
ha ha!
Actually I think he is doing so much better on the CBD and off the Prozac.
The Dr told me why he is doing better off the Prozac, he does not have anxiety, and the CBD is calming him.

Thanks everybody for caring for Joey! and Walli too!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The Vet will not grind his teeth down, I think everyone will be relieved!
ha ha!
Very much relieved. I was just worried that it might cause other issues.

Thanks everybody for caring for Joey! and Walli too!
I hope he settles down, and he and Walli can be friends. :crossfingers:
How is your sweet girl doing these days?:lovecat:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew you would be happy!
Walli is doing ok, I am going to be working with her more to build up her confidence, calicosrspecial has had ferals that have fought and are best buds now, so I haven't given up hope yet.
I really think Joey is doing really well on the CBD and maybe because I started hissing at him! ha ha!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm glad the CBD is helping Joey. And that Walli is doing ok.

Any new pics you can share? :camera:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I knew you would be happy!
Walli is doing ok, I am going to be working with her more to build up her confidence, calicosrspecial has had ferals that have fought and are best buds now, so I haven't given up hope yet.
I really think Joey is doing really well on the CBD and maybe because I started hissing at him! ha ha!
Wow, you and your husband are tenacious! I must say I have utmost admiration for you both for hanging in there even after bites have put your husband in the hospital!

I just started Charlie and Finn on CBD oil yesterday. I am curious which brand you're using? I understand Charlotte's Web is the most highly recommended, but I was only able to find Holistapet locally. Will consider Charlotte's Web when it's time to replenish. I love hearing that it's helping you with Joey!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! it's been tough but were hanging in there.
I'm hopeful as we make mistakes and learn the correct way to do things.
I'm pretty sure the CBD is working.
I got a pretty high quality CBD at the dispensary.
It's called Harle-tsu
High CBD Full Spectrum cannabis infused tincture.
I researched dosages and asked questions at the dispensary.
I started him on .1ml and he is on .25ml now for this brand/mg .5ml is the max, so with my particular brand I had to figure the mg for his body weight and convert that to ml as I use a syringe to give him the oil
he doesn't gobble up his food right away so putting it in his food was not an option.
He is pretty easy to give meds thankfully, he gets a treat right after.
so as soon as he gets his med he goes right to the treat bag! hee hee

Oh yeah, it was very expensive but it is going to last a long time as the dosage is so small for animals

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small update, Joey is doing so much better on the CBD, I'm so glad he is off the prozac, I think it was making things worst for him.
I'm weaning Walli off the buspirone right now, Not seeing that working either anymore. all the meds were suggested by the pet behaviorist and come to find out my vet actually disagreed with it and explained on Joeys last visit, he's not anxious, he's aggressive.
She did suggest allowing him to go outside, but I'm not having that, I have chased 2 coyotes down this street! I know what my street Ferals go through! I have lost one of my street Ferals (Mocha), I'm sure it was a coyote.
I accidentally left the back door open last week, and I didn't realize Joey got out, I went to close the door and he was at the door looking frantic to get back in. I think that is from living a tough life outside, I was glad to see that!

It will take awhile but I'm in the planning stage of building a bigger catio. I sold my motorcycle to fund it, so much money goes to the cats, I just couldn't use any savings for it.

Planning on Joey going into Wallis's current catio after the big catio is done, for socializing the 2 outside, and then maybe partitioning the big catio if things go well. This is not happening soon, I want to do it right.
The new catio will be 12'x12' with a bunch of cool stuff inside I hope!

I've been hanging out with Walli outside at her catio, she seems to like that, there seems to have been an incident while we were gone so I had to close the door to the baby gate, The last time I got to spend time with Walli in the room, she bolted when Joey started climbing the baby gate, he's a lot mellower now, I have been playing a lot with him, and the CBD makes me hopeful, plus he's about 2 years old now, and I think he may grow out of some of this aggression.

So after a couple of weeks of heartbreak and stress we seem to be on the right track again.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Joey's doing better on the CBD. Poor guy getting locked outside. I bet he won't be venturing near the door again!

I wish, for you, that those 2 could be buds. I'm sure if would be so much less stressful. But you are certainly doing everything trying to make it work. Selling your motorcycle is true dedication. :petcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, you know you're a cat person when you sell the bike to fund the catio. I'd have done that, too, if needed.

I so hope that they can become buds. Failing that, I'll settle for peaceful coexistance!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Joey is possessive, He doesn't like it when I go into Walli's room.
I think some of it might be frustration that he doesn't get to be with her.
I don't think he likes it when I go feed the street Ferals either tho.
He likes to watch them tho.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have! Thank you!
I don't know if he is still jealous, I have been making sure he gets enough attention, I think they need to interact soon. I'm so hesitant tho. I just can't get Walli to feel more confident, I think her age is a definite hinderance.

Hoping my latest idea of a new catio is going to be the answer.