I Got My Feral In The House Today!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
small update, I put the camera up this past weekend, and the door is open a tiny crack (the one that has the baby gates behind it) Like a 1/2" crack.
Going to leave it like this for a few days, all the commotion of putting the camera up needs to settle :lol: (that's my Walli)
Joey already knows the door is open a crack and visits the door quite often,
don't think he is seeing her at all, but I know he hears her, he may see her if she goes to the litter box (with 1 eye at the crack) :lol:
This is so painfully slow! but I know from past mistakes, this is how it needs to be done.
I'm thinking of waiting for the weekend to open it more so I can see what's going on while it's happening.

We had our granddaughters here last weekend is why I waited, I didn't want to start something and then have the commotion of young girls going on.
They loved Joey and he was very well behaved! He loved playing with the youngest one so much! He would wait by their bedroom door in the morning, waiting for them to get up.:lol:
I was very cautious tho!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The door between them is open at 5 inches now!!:lol:
I have opened the other door to her room a lot more but it has a screen
and Joey can't see her, I am going to open her other door so she can access the rest of the house this weekend, Joey will be behind the other baby gates.

Going slow, and Walli is doing ok, but I know the slowness helps her.
I've been wondering lately if my worrying is causing me to be too slow.
But also wondering if I'm just doing the right thing.
Going to harness Train Joey to prepare, I'm afraid of that step and prolly will need assistance/info on that one. I really want to get him on the harness when he meets her again without me being there if that is possible, I think she may be more afraid of me then Joey.

I hope she comes out of her room this weekend!!!

Thanks for inquiring about us!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Going slow, and Walli is doing ok, but I know the slowness helps her.
I've been wondering lately if my worrying is causing me to be too slow.
But also wondering if I'm just doing the right thing.
You know Walli best, so continue to go at her speed. And hopefully some day soon she'll discover the rest of the house, and eventually you'll have 2 precious felines under foot all the time. :catlove:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! yeah I think I have some peace about the slowness
don't want it tho!! I hope she comes out of her room this weekend
if not it's a start, and she will eventually come out!

going to open the door when we go to bed and Joey will be behind the gates on the other part of the house.
so she can come out and explore by herself.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think she came out, Haven't checked the camera yet tho.
She was out in her catio this morning, in a spot she usually isn't in the morning.

I know for a fact her and Joey are seeing each other tho, I'm pretty happy about that! I think I jumped the gun opening he door to the rest of the house.

She is seeming a bit more relaxed while we are home, she is on her bed pretty relaxed when we are just minding our own business, been raining here lately
so I'm going to wait on opening up the rest of the house to her