I Got My Feral In The House Today!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will find out today when I pick up the meds for what kind it is.
Thanks for the info for the carrier, I took Joey to the vet in one of those canvas carriers. too small I think?
$40 sounds ok, I will check it out.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks kittyluv! He is very unusual, very well behaved, frisky tho, he's a jumper too.
very calm in the car and the carrier, just need him to mellow out a bit for Walli.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was Coccidia, I got the medicine today. I hope Walli doesn't get it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did they find out he had that, a fecal test? Did he have diarrhea?

lab mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Walli..seems like everything is going well. Your kitten is adorable, it seems like they will get along well. Did you ever see the other kitten that was outside? I wonder if it is Joey's littermate?
What is the toy that you are talking about with Walli? Is she coming along pretty good?
My little guy is making some big gains, but now I don't know what to do with him...he has been in 3 months now and he is starting to roam a bit in front of me...but prior to this week He was afraid of going out of the one room he has been in. It does feel like you do everything wrong with these little ferals....I second guess every move I make and think I am always making a mistake,
Anyway, just thought I would drop you a note to say HI...I am watching your story as it unfolds.
You're doing great!!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Lab Mom, It's the Cat Dancer toy, Joey goes crazy for it and Walli can't resist it even tho it seems she
wants to, sometimes she hisses at me when I bring it towards her but she plays with it.
don't worry about making mistakes, I'm making lots. We don't have owners manuals and we are doing a
difficult thing. Yeah I'm kicking myself too, but we just need to give ourselves a break.
That is great he is roaming a bit!!! they seem like little steps but I think they are huge for Ferals.
Get the Cat Dancer!! they are not very expensive, might want to get a couple.
Walli is afraid to come out of her room when we are home or not in bed. I think it is normal for our kind of Ferals.
we are on the same schedule, so we must be doing ok.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did they find out he had that, a fecal test? Did he have diarrhea?
I had a fecal test done, he didn't have diarrhea but his poo was a little soft, you have to give them
a lot of the liquid medicine, which is a challenge, but going ok.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should probably get a fecal test done on mine since they are former ferals from the woods. I just give them Drontal, but that doesn't cure other parasites besides worms I don't think.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The medicine was called Albon liquid

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Walli's mom! You got another kitty?? I have been off here for a while and obviously missed quite a bit! Feral Aimee hangs out with my husband in the office and seems pretty comfortable. She's not a fan of mine but I'm at work all day, so she doesn't know me except as the maid and cook.=) I'm glad things are going well at your house. We're okay, except for Evil Neko who pees politically. Sigh.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Nine!
Things are still slow with Walli, I'm a bit worried for her, I can see her longing to go outside
I need to get that Catio up and get her outside, The window I am going to put the catio next to
is in the room Joey is in, this will be my next challenge. It will take me at least 2 weeks to move the catio.
That will be enough time for Joeys parasite to be cleared. At least Aimee has a pal!
I'm exhausted and I hope hope hope, these 2 cats love each others company.
I go to one room to play and go to the other room to be with Walli, plus I work.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont worry about her wanting to go outside too much. One of my cats really wants to play outside too. Hes an ex stray. But he gets to enjoy the fresh air at least with my apartment balcony during non mosquito season. I do wish we had a house with a catio but at the same time i know he really enjoys getting to sprawl out and sleep in safety. He loves to sleep and im sure he couldn't relax like that to sleep before! There's pros and cons. So just remember all the good things you're doing for walli and dont feel too guilty.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey Nine!
Things are still slow with Walli, I'm a bit worried for her, I can see her longing to go outside
Longing as in gazing out the window for seemingly hours? Or fighting to go out the door?

If it's just window gazing, most cats do that. And it doesn't necessarily mean they want to go outside. It's just their form of television. ;)

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody, I really need encouragement right now, Walli seems to have taken some backwards
steps, not sure why, she is hiding in her box a lot. I hope when Joey gets out of quarantine she will be ok.
the catio will help a lot too.

rubysmama, she has been in the window sill, and maybe it's the weather.
I'm considering just letting Joey out when it's ok for him to come out, bad idea?
should I be patient and put him in a crate?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe Walli is a little stressed with Joey now in the picture. Sorry, I can't remember, have they seen each other yet?

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have seen each other, Joeys room has the baby gates and Walli goes out there at night.
I put her snack ball over by the baby gates, and there are toys there, no evidence of her playing there lately
she's been playing in her room mostly and the bathtub :lol:
Not sure how interested Walli is in Joey.

Walli will not be behind a gate, I think I need to put Joey in a Crate and put him in Walli's room for a bit
during the day? Still need to get the Crate.
I put Joey in the Canvas Carrier last night and put him in Walli's room for a few minutes, Walli
looked a bit scared, but I think she was more afraid of the Carrier. (she's like that)
I have a week to go with Joeys parasite medicine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Crate is a good idea. Did Joey look excited to see Walli when you set his canvas carrier in her room?