I got FERRETS!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I've always wondered how he can do that, he's actually right on a fairly busy highway patrolled frequently by state, county and local police and AC.
Eh, nobody cares. It's possibly the stupidest law on the books, and was originally enacted to prevent ferret owners from hunting all the rabbits so that rabbit hunters who use guns would still have enough rabbits to hunt
. I did know one guy who rabbit hunted with his ferrets, but I'm pretty sure most ferret owners don't hunt rabbits anymore.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that it's a stupid and outdated law, just like the law prohibiting people to own Quaker parakeets in Cali.

Personally I applaud the guy, he doesn't sell commercially and he educates potential buyers before he allows them to reserve a kit.
I've met and played with his animals and they are very well socialized.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my ferrets (I've had 6) were from Marshall's Farms unfortunately. I adopted five of them from someone who was moving to NYC where ferrets are illegal, and one from someone who was moving to a no-pets apartment. Surprisingly I've never had one develop adrenal disease... several of them got cancer and one died of heart disease.
They all lived to about 6-9 years old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samlovesba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so I haven't been on here in a while but just thought I'd say I love all the input!!

the kittens are rough housing with Ellie now.. Eddie is afraid of them and runs to his cage

the only problem I have with them right now is keeping their harnesses on.. I always want to take them for walks, but they just wiggle right out of their harnesses. Eddies stays on for about 15 minutes, but then he gets it off.. ugh, I don't know how we're going to control them when we're movingggg ugh.

well just so you all know the kittens are OFFICIALLY weened!! they eat kitty food, and attack Fizzle. funniest stuff I've seen. The little orange one is my favorite, he's so rambunious [sp?!] it's adorable..

well that's my update..

PS:: Branson, Missouri here we come on JULY 1st

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SamLovesBA

so I haven't been on here in a while but just thought I'd say I love all the input!!

the kittens are rough housing with Ellie now.. Eddie is afraid of them and runs to his cage

the only problem I have with them right now is keeping their harnesses on.. I always want to take them for walks, but they just wiggle right out of their harnesses. Eddies stays on for about 15 minutes, but then he gets it off.. ugh, I don't know how we're going to control them when we're movingggg ugh.

well just so you all know the kittens are OFFICIALLY weened!! they eat kitty food, and attack Fizzle. funniest stuff I've seen. The little orange one is my favorite, he's so rambunious [sp?!] it's adorable..

well that's my update..

PS:: Branson, Missouri here we come on JULY 1st
You must have carriers for the move! NEVER keep a ferret in the car not in one! The most well behaved ferret is still a ferrret, and will try to get into anything and everything!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samlovesba

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

You must have carriers for the move! NEVER keep a ferret in the car not in one! The most well behaved ferret is still a ferrret, and will try to get into anything and everything!
oh, we knowww! we have a cute little ferret crate
lol..
we're ready for the move, only wishing that I could put this off for another 10 years. lol