I got another kitten!

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have always been a one cat family. I have never had the desire to have more than one cat. As many of you know I adopted a sweet crazy playful kitten that I named Phoenix soon after loosing my beloved Oscar. It's been great, and he's a good boy. Yet something was missing. Phoenix was happy enough but me an my husband work full time long hours and Phoenix just seemed lonely. On a whim I went to the shelter with a friend to love on kitties. Ash made it very clear that I needed to take her home. In fact it was very similar to how Oscar let me know he was mine. Then it dawned on me Phoenix needed a sibling, someone to keep him company and be his pal. When I brought Ash home she wasn't sure about Phoenix, but Phoenix was so excited about her! They are now 100 percent a bonded pair, but it was a little touch and go the first couple days. It took us a while to adjust to being parents of two cats but we are all one happy family now!
IMG_20191116_171022313_MP.jpg

Ash was very nervous when first meeting Phoenix. Phoenix was so sweet and patient! But he was so excited to have a sister!
IMG_20191129_145538780.jpg

They are now inseparable!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Omg! I just did that also! Same thing, got Jemima from a home selling 2 little kittens. We had a 16 yr old cat and a13 yr old dog. Beju (cat) was battling kidney failure and passed a couple of days after we got Jemima. Then it was discovered that Makita (best dog in the world ever!) had a tumor pressing on his spine. We made the awful decision to end his pain. Little did we know that Jemima loved his big, strange “brother”. She looked for him. It was sad 😞. Then on a whim (like you) I stopped at the humane society here and found Lucca. Jemima has a new brother! She was 5mths and he was 3 mths. It’s so funny how that works 😉
So here’s pics of Jemima and Beju
Jemima and Makita
And Jemima and her new brother, Lucca
D2D2CD32-A041-4BEB-8DC2-E0353D5DF435.jpeg
4D24C520-D89C-4FD4-9ADD-630BD1D8C6C7.jpeg
2A6AD36B-460D-441C-9961-85FBECCCF784.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg! I just did that also! Same thing, got Jemima from a home selling 2 little kittens. We had a 16 yr old cat and a13 yr old dog. Beju (cat) was battling kidney failure and passed a couple of days after we got Jemima. Then it was discovered that Makita (best dog in the world ever!) had a tumor pressing on his spine. We made the awful decision to end his pain. Little did we know that Jemima loved his big, strange “brother”. She looked for him. It was sad 😞. Then on a whim (like you) I stopped at the humane society here and found Lucca. Jemima has a new brother! She was 5mths and he was 3 mths. It’s so funny how that works 😉
So here’s pics of Jemima and Beju
Jemima and Makita
And Jemima and her new brother, Lucca View attachment 312757View attachment 312758View attachment 312759
So sorry to hear about loosing your other fur babies but congrats on the new one! Phoenix and Ash are similar in age as well. Phoenix is 9 months old and Ash is 6 months. Kittens bring so much joy!