I got an AWARD today!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today they had a luncheon for everyone that reach their 5 yr or 10 yr anniversary of employment during 2010. I was able to go since I had 10 years of service.

They served a meal that consisted of Barbecued chicken, hot links, tri-tip, potato salad, chili beans, roll and sweet potato pie. The chicken was so tender, it was falling off the bone. It was sooooo yummy! Instead of paper plates, they had real plates, silverware and cloth napkins.

The best thing is the actual award. We got a claim number to go on line to get gift card(s) totaling $150!!! I logged on to the site when I got home and I am going to get $100 for Kmart and $50 for Olive Garden. We really like Olive Garden! I also got a really nice pen. I brought it home since if I left it at my desk, it would "grow legs and walk away"

The people that had 5 yrs got the same meal and pen, but their award was only $50.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey, congratulations! It's nice that your company showed their appreciation for all your hard work. Enjoy the gift certificates!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's fantastic! Especially in a time of high unemployment, a company that goes to such lengths to honor its loyal employees is a rare thing. You must feel great to know that they truly value your service!