I got a second job! Bittersweet though...

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am SO excited! I got a second job, this one part time at Pet Valu! I can't wait! Not only will I have some extra cash & a great pet food discount, but they offer online courses fully certifies for pet nutrition and will be offering other courses here shortly. All free for employees!
Yes, with my full time job I'll be very busy, so I'm a little apprehensive of becoming burnt out or overwhelmed, but I think it will be a good thing, a fun thing!

BUT, all that being said, it is really bittersweet for me. A good friend of mine has NO job and applied there as well. As of right now she has gotten no call back and she is really down and discouraged. I feel terrible for her, because she would do amazingly well there. Plus she also has multiple cats, and without a job, she is struggling.
I can't help but feel selfish or like I am taking from her...

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome! Congratulations! 

Your friend should not lose hope. Sending her job 

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am SO excited! I got a second job, this one part time at Pet Valu! I can't wait! Not only will I have some extra cash & a great pet food discount, but they offer online courses fully certifies for pet nutrition and will be offering other courses here shortly. All free for employees!
Yes, with my full time job I'll be very busy, so I'm a little apprehensive of becoming burnt out or overwhelmed, but I think it will be a good thing, a fun thing!

BUT, all that being said, it is really bittersweet for me. A good friend of mine has NO job and applied there as well. As of right now she has gotten no call back and she is really down and discouraged. I feel terrible for her, because she would do amazingly well there. Plus she also has multiple cats, and without a job, she is struggling.
I can't help but feel selfish or like I am taking from her...
That's where I'm working as well :) It's really a great company. Do you know if the store you got hired at is franchise or corporate?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's where I'm working as well :) It's really a great company. Do you know if the store you got hired at is franchise or corporate?
I BELIEVE it is corporate as it was the district manager who did the interview and hiring, but not 100% sure. He was great, and yes it seems like a wonderful company to work for!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!  Maybe you can help your friend get a job there the next time they have an opening.  Best wishes to her...I hope something good comes her way soon. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds fabulous!

You got the job and that's wonderful.  Your friend missed out this time, but I'm sure she wouldn't want you to be badly affected it.  Often things happen just as they should.. it's just that we can't see it at the time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations, Kailie! Sounds like a great job!

As for your friend, when I applied for the planner's job that I have now, my best friend also applied at the same time. They hired me, BUT when another position opened about two months later, they then hired him. So have faith....maybe it will work out for both of you.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you buy her food at the discount so at least she will save money?  if anythings said about different brands the outside cats eat the cheap brand.