I Got a Mystery Gift Today!!! (01/19)

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well now, was not expecting this!
I don't think it's a Secret Santa thing, unless it got really, really, really held up in shipping. Looks to be more of a "You kind of freaked out on us there and I hope this helps you feel better" kind of a thing. Either way, very cool!!!!
It's the book "Women Who Run With the Wolves" Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype. Author Clarissa Pinkola Estes, PH.D. Original publish date, 1992. Here is a sum up by the publisher:

Within every woman there lives a powerful force, filled with good instincts, passionate creativity, and ageless knowing. She is the Wild Woman, who represents the instinctual nature of women. But she is an endangered species. In WOMEN WHO RUN WITH THE WOLVES, Dr. EstÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]s unfolds rich intercultural myths, fairy tales, and stories, many from her own family, in order to help women reconnect with the fierce, healthy, visionary attributes of this instinctual nature. Through the stories and commentaries in this remarkable book, we retrieve, examine, love, and understand the Wild Woman and hold her against our deep psyches as one who is both magic and medicine. (A link to that quote in case I am breaking some rule by not linking to it http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/bibli...780345409874-7)

How in the word have I not read this yet? It's just the sort of thing I love! Not exactly light reading, but hey, I got TV when I want to go brain dead.

Thank you so much to whoever sent this!!! There was no note, no clue except a name, Susman, or possibly Susmcin, hard to tell, written inside the book. Dont even know if that is the person who sent this or if its a gently used book, (if so it's in perfect condition, hard cover, the dust jacket shows no sign of wear, nor do any pages, its "crispy" for lack of a better term)
Random acts of kindness rock!!!