I found this little boy but don't know what flavour he is?

naddie24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

We found this little man a few weeks ago at 1am, freezing rain at -1°, miles from anywhere. I still don't know how he survived. He was cold, could barely move and was caked in mud. He had bite marks too!
Look at him now though! He's a beauty with long soft fur and tufts of hair from his ears.Hes growing really fast too. Im wondering what breed he could possibly be please as I'm getting confused at all the possibilities. Thanks.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute
 who on earth would put a small kitten outside in freezing weather 

He's lucky to have found a good cat mom.

Markings, Long haired  brown tabby because of tan in his coat, that for me is bare bones

someone else may offer more ;)

Beautiful Boy! 

Welcome to the site 

eleanorrigby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what a darling baby!! I love his little collar, the red is very flattering. The 'M' on his forehead always makes me think of the tabby type!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy you found him, he will love you forever. He is a  grey long haired domestic tabby with brown, must have some Maine coon in him with tufts and that sturdy build, they also have a beautiful, long, full tail. It's almost impossible to know with out papers, there are animal DNA tests available now, my sister had it done with her dog. Bless you for saving that baby!

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Teehee, I knew you'd be British the moment I read your description about his flavour!  He's a superb looking lad and I can tell that he's already got a smashing personalty to match.  Congratulations to all of you for finding each other.  There's a very special bond that brews between wee muck covered kittens rescued from the roadside in the freezing British wintertime and their parents.  I'm jealous 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so happy you found him, he will love you forever. He is a  grey long haired domestic tabby with brown, must have some Maine coon in him with tufts and that sturdy build, they also have a beautiful, long, full tail. It's almost impossible to know with out papers, there are animal DNA tests available now, my sister had it done with her dog. Bless you for saving that baby!
All quite right - and he's an absolutely smashing kitten.  At this age, his guard hairs are clearly evident, and his ancestry is probably Maine Coon Cat or Norwegian Forest Cat (the Weegie's guards are considerable in length, as are this little fellow's), though if you feel the need, DNA tests, from cheek swabs, are in the 75£ range these days in the metro areas.  No need really, unless you truly wish to show him; no test's needed to ascertain that he's just adorable !

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh... hadn't seen Naddie's loaction.  I suppose calling him, "Blewog Iawn," isn't as amusing as might be, "Very Hairy," eh?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would propose a siberian, if you want to find a look alike breed...

Tx for saving this little guy - and congrats to receiving this splendid gift from Above!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naddie24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all! He's turning into a wee smasher and is tarting around everyone who he now has under his non existent exposable thumb [emoji]128077[/emoji] [emoji]128536[/emoji]
The vet (who really isn't bothered) can't call his breed or try to guesstimate his age even... Wee Georgie can comfortably jump onto the bed which makes me think 10 plus weeks.
His tail is not the bush I would expect from a Maine Coon but his ears are amazing and his coat fine. He's growing amazingly fast but he does have a voracious appetite tho not fat.
His breed is not important. His new Mummy here is just plain curious (interpreted as a nosey oik)
1CatOverTheLine you're right with the name and location - I'm in Wales and Brian007 you sound like a fellow Scot!
The thing I can't grasp. Whatever flavour he is...
He was miles from anyone. He's not a stray. He was just unwanted (what? How?)Nobody knows of him. So that means he's dumped. Miles from nowhere. Obviously to die, as, like my initial post I said it was minus 1 degree... And raining!
What the Hell is wrong with some people in this world???
My Valentine [emoji]9829[/emoji] tonight is 2 black cats, Remus & Snowie (saved, but that's another story) and new wee furball Georgie... Sheer bliss!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was miles from anyone. He's not a stray. He was just unwanted (what? How?)Nobody knows of him. So that means he's dumped. Miles from nowhere. Obviously to die, as, like my initial post I said it was minus 1 degree... And raining!
What the Hell is wrong with some people in this world???
Some are simply born with no Heart.  Thankfully, there are also those like yourself, who are born with Hearts big enough to help those who cannot fend for themselves.   You carry within you a prize which so many will never understand.

naddie24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That purr!
Life is Sorted!
[emoji]128156[/emoji]

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
@Naddie24

How very incompetent of your vet not to give you the merest hint as to his age, even I know to look at a cat's teeth to get a rough idea:

"The first teeth to grow in a kitten are the incisors (around 2-4 weeks) and canines (around 3-4 weeks), followed by the premolars (around 4-6 weeks).

A cat younger than around four months will not yet have its molars.

From the ages of around six months up to one year, your cat will have all of its adult teeth. At this point the cat's teeth should be white and have no signs of wear."

"The deciduous teeth begin to fall out and be replaced by permanent teeth starting at around 11 weeks of age. By 4 months, all the permanent incisors are usually in place. By 5 months, all four canine teeth are in place. By 6 months, all 10 premolars are in place. The four molars do not come in until late kittenhood or even early adulthood."

And yes, I'm a Scot, although seem to have found myself on the Isle of Wight for the time-being.  My return to Edinburgh is definitely on the cards though....

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful kitten @Naddie24  Thank you so much for saving him. I found a doll faced Persian dumped in the middle of the woods miles from anywhere a few years ago. Poor guy was just a bag of bones when I picked him up, but he's a much healthier weight now.

It's horrible that animals get dumped like that, but so nice when they are saved by people like you. I'm sure he's going to have a wonderful life with you.

I think he looks a bit like a Maine Coon, but I'm no expert.

Nice to have you on TCS.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful baby. I am in agreement that he is a Domestic but is handsome enough in looks and attitude to be a world class champion. I wonder has anyone considered that since he had bite marks he may have been snatched by some animal while outside his family home and then somehow managed to get away? A friend of mine saw an owl grab his cat ( he got away though).

naddie24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's a very good reason about being taken away but I'm in a very isolated place. 4 houses within 5 miles up a very high hill in Wales.
I think he was just dumped.
I can't believe the rate of his growth! He's already looking half the size of my 2 14mth old boys yet he feels light as a feather. X