I finally let them go...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitties are doing fine!

Just as usual, Torao the boy tabby stays out in the summer time and doesn't come inside.  He wouldn't let me touch him.  I had to sneak up on him and grab him to apply flea treatment.  I wish him to be little more friendly but I guess this is the way he is.   When he decides to come inside, he just melts.  I am dying to brush him.  Thankfully, he is the one who sheds least.

Two other kitties, Leo the gray boy and Torako the girl tabby are as friendly as ever.

Last summer, Torako went on 2 day patrol few times.  This year, she only went once and after she came back, she mostly stayed inside as if she run out of energy.  She looks thinner this year, but she is the one who stays thinner than the boys.  She is eating fine and acting fine, so I am not worried much.  I wish she put little more weight.    Maybe her metabolism is higher than the boys.

Leo is doing good as well.  I was little concerned about him bullying Torako too much.  A night before Torako left for 2 day patrol, Leo was bullying her and chasing her inside of cat house.  She was growling then.  She then came out and Leo chased her under the bushes and heard her screaming.  That made me worried since she didn't come back for 2 days after that.  I was worried she was driven out of the yard by Leo.

I wonder what kind of relationship Leo and Torako have.  I see them being friendly and cuddling together.  Sometime s Torako meows at Leo with inviting sounds and dashes away as if she wants him to chase her.  I know Leo bites too strong.  He sometimes does that to me, too.  I think he was separated from his mother and litter mate too young.

All and all, we are one happy family.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found this  thread last night. I enjoyed it so much I stayed up almost all night to read it. I hope that you will continue to update us on the kitties a couple times a year!

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am glad you enjoyed reading this threat.

I hope my experience will give other people hope and courage to start their journey.

Our kitties are doing fine!

Starting in November, Torao decided it's time to come inside at night.

He must have been hungry for being petted.  He shows his belly and totally submit himself.

Torako and Leo don't like being cold outside.

We had some below freezing days and they hardly went out.

But Torao always goes outside.  So, I decided to keep the door shut until noon or so when outside is freezing.

That way, he is not obligated to go out.

One change I have noticed.

Until last year, Torao hissed at me whenever I peek at him in the morning in his hiding place. 

But this year, he stopped doing that.  Instead, he gives me "I don't like that" meow.  That is a big progress.

During the summer, Torako became very thin.  She seemed to be eating fine but she must have higher metabolism or something.  Even though she was thin she was acting healthy and happy. 

When cooler weather came, she became fatter.  But still, she is the smallest of all three kitties.

As I start to see my friends and acquaintance loosing their middle age kitties (meaning around 8 - 12 years old), I worry little bit about mine.

They are 8 years old now. 

So far, they have clean bill of health.  We only visit vet once a year for annual shot and exam.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just found this thread and even though I should be sleeping, I couldn't stop reading!!!! What a great thread....reminded me what a rollercoaster of emotions it can be to devote yourself at any level to feral kitties!

I have to ask -do you remember what he name of your cat cam is? You were getting great imagery from it! I'd live to ask for one for Christmas ;)

kazy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear kittychik

Thanks for reading my story. 

My camera is a very old model of IP security camera.   Basically it is marketed for home surveillance.

Any IP cameras in this link should work.  (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ip+camera&sprefix=IP+ca%2Caps%2C362)

I have my camera inside of sliding door to aim at our cat house.

When we are on vacation, I have this aimed at more broad area for monitoring activity outside of my house.

I know I have night time visitors such as opossum and raccoon.   

For the last two nights in a row, medium haired tan colored kitty was visiting.

I wonder where he came from?