I finally got my bedroom floor done! (kind of) Pic. heavy.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you will remember, I did my living room floor a year ago this past September. Because I rent, ( no way I could refinish, or afford to) & the wood floor had old carpet adhesive on it that looked like worn paint, I had to paint it.  I used a deck & floor paint, & it turned out nice. It has a cottage look since it is white.   Here's the link, for anyone who missed it.      http://www.thecatsite.com/t/286139/my-weekend-project-pict-heavy

Anyway, I've been wanting to get my bedroom done as well. (& my other room, my "office" w/ my massage table in it, will get done next, sometime next year, as well as repainting the bathroom)   

Last Friday I started pulling the carpet in my room up. My mom came over & helped cut it up, for easy removal. (I dragged it down to the dumpster).   I was disappointed to find plywood underneath!  

A good spot for angel!

Angel was hanging out between the wall & the bed, so I put one of his beds there!

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, that looks very lovely! and envisioning the dressers in an antique white with the handles sprayed nickel, and the long gray blackout drapes with grommets at the top -- i think that will be a great look!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yea, I think w/ all of it going on & the change, he was a little stressed. ( kept him in the office w/ his bed & litter box, etc.. While it was going on, for the afternoon). He acted normal all except for not being interested in his food much, so bought him some chicken & duck shreds in gravey packet from the natural pet food store I get his food from. After eating less than half his breakfast, he gobbled that up! Wasn't sure if he was just tired of eating the same food ( he has to eat) or stress, but thought stress because of the timing. I would have to hold his bowl for him to get him to eat. (Spoiled rotten!) I mixed some shredded chicken from a pk in w/ his food to try & get him to eat. He only ate about half or a little more of his food at each meal, so as long as he ate that much, I knew he would be OK. He finally started eating his food by itself yesterday, so lasted about a week. Didn't want treats either! But, litter box was normal, & was playing, ( just slept a lot the first cpl days). He just had his biannual Friday morning, ( before all this, day I started) & had his first " senior " blood work. Doc said everything was really good, & he was perfect! ( her words, lol, she loves him). :)

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It really is nice, Kelly.

Doesn't it make a difference? 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It really is nice, Kelly.

Doesn't it make a difference? 
Thanks Mani. YES, it feels SO much better on my feet. Sometimes my feet would hurt, & I think it was from walking on that old thin carpet w/ nothing underneath, (no shoes in the house)  no padding throughout the house.  (my landlord is cheap!)

Feels so cushy!
   It's not nailed down, just fits up to the baseboards. I didn't want to take a chance of it buckling w/ the unevenness of this old house. The floor slops toward the center a bit. like in the living room. The wall the head of the bed is on is a little higher, so the placement works well, instead of the head being in the corner my nightstand is now in.  

It really does feel better to have what I know is a clean carpet!  I vacuum about twice a week, but it was SO old!! 

Last edited:

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kelley

the bedroom looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job!

I am glad Angel is not like my new kitten lily who is climbing up my 2 year old sheer drapes

that I waited decades to be able to have ..I know how it is to wait for something in your home

so I am so happy for you and Angel to have a lovely carpet and bedroom!

Love, Sheri, Bro and Lily

in Alabama

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kelley

the bedroom looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job!

I am glad Angel is not like my new kitten lily who is climbing up my 2 year old sheer drapes

that I waited decades to be able to have ..I know how it is to wait for something in your home

so I am so happy for you and Angel to have a lovely carpet and bedroom!

Love, Sheri, Bro and Lily

in Alabama
Thanks sheri !     LOL, yea, that's why I could not have a kitten!!   The drapes I plan on ordering are on backorder, so I can't even order them until January, & get them in February!  But, they are the one's I want, & are a really good price, so I will wait for them. I probably won't get around to painting the dressers until next year sometime. Between working & these projects, I'm exhausted!  

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks great, wow a big improvement! So nice to have clean carpet, you just can't get the old stuff clean, even steam cleaning doesn't get the dirt below the carpet. I love your place, it is very clean and bright.  You know, it is your place, doesn't matter if you are paying rent or a mortgage, by law it is yours while you are paying for it. 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks SwampWitch & LaRussa!   Now all I have to do is get my curtains, & paint the dressers, & it will be All done!  Between doing all of that, & the holidays, it won't be anytime soon.  I also got a new coffee table at a consignment shop that I need to paint. I was going to do it all in antique white, but after getting some ideas on piniterest, (finally joined & am addicted!!!)  I think I am going to do the base of it antique white, & the top in a gray stain. (since my couch is gray). 
  I will do before & after pictures of that too! 

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks great, and I love the floor you painted white too! You've obviously got a good eye for decorating.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Very very nice, indeed!  You have a real talent for making a cozy nest for yourself.  You are more than welcome to come and help me with several projects I have going. 

I have recently discovered that you can actually fake wicker repairs with layers of raffia,and if you spray paint them very lightly, you can barely see the repair.  I'm also going to dye some unfinished furniture with RIT dye, just for giggles.  And about 50 bazillion stenciling projects that will be done as I have the money to order the stencils.  The Blue Willow wallpaper stencil alone is $135, and my neighbor thinks I'm nuts, but I'm determined to have it.  I want to stencil some white sheets with it do make drapes for my dining room.  A bit thin, but they'll have a pretty wedgewood blue sheers behind them for the additional privacy, so should be just fine.