I Finally Caught Her!!! (i Could Use Some Advice Now Though)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chris gadbois

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't keep Laureline. My Onyx is sick. Eye infections and Upper Respiratory infection. The docs figure if not directly from Laureline then from just the stress of being in such close proximity to a new cat. I can't risk my primary cats healths. (+ Jinxy hides under the bed when Im not home now). I was hoping to make this work but my living condition restrict space to where the situation is untenable.

The local feral woman will be coming by tomorrow afternoon. I think she'll take her in (more than likely) or at worst release her to Colony that she maintains. I wish the news was better......

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry it didn’t work out for the four of you together. Probably is stress since you mentioned before she had gotten a clean bill of health from the vet.

Is this the pawswatch lady?

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Chris, I'm so sorry to hear this, but I know your loyalties have to be with your resident pets. You did a great thing by taking Laureline out of the cold. I bet the rescue lady will take her in. Often ferals are just fine with other cats and do great in a sanctuary situation. I know this personally, as the feral baby daddy from Marlee's litter is doing well at our rescue friend's house, where he is indoor/outdoor with a crowd of kitties.
Best of luck with Onyx and bless you for helping as long as you could.
Lynne

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry to hear you won't be able to keep Laureline permanently. But you've already done so much for her and her kittens! And as she's going to someone who cares about cats, you know she'll be in good hands. :petcat:

chris gadbois

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The end result here is this.... Both of Onyx's eyes are goopy and runny...could be the ointment we started her on last night. Her breathing is a little shallow and labored, wondering how long b4 we should positive results from the Antibiotics. My other cat (Jinxy) is showing no signs of anything whatsoever.

The lady from pawswatch said it was too risky to take Laureline into her holding in case she was contagious. She said the safest for all was to TNR. I felt so bad, but opened the door and let Laureline back to the outdoors this morning. All cage, litter, food, bedding has been removed and disinfected the walls, carpets vacuumed.

The girls are already a little less stressed. As I type I listen to Onyx try to sleep behind me on the bed. Short, wheezy breaths...I sad, and mad at the same time.

Side note - on the radio this morning The Eagles - Desperado came on and I started crying, thinking of Laureline. But I got a sick kitty on my hands (and I did this to her) and I gotta get her better. You want to save 'em all, but choices had to be made.

Thanks you to everyone over the last week for your input. You're words and encouragements really did help.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The antibiotics should make a big improvement in about 3 days, if the infection is bacterial. If it's viral, antibiotics have no effect and the infection will just have to run its course.

Sorry to hear about Laureline. It's too bad the rescue could not take her and work with her. At least you found homes for her kittens and had her spayed. Does she have an outdoor shelter for protection from the weather?

chris gadbois

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, the Pawswatch woman made and delivered one to my porch for me (so kind). Luareline NEVER used it. Not sure where she lives I was just another food stop on her daily rounds. (I feel so used).

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You tried and that is what counts ! Look how you helped her kittens - they have been adopted and are loved and cared for . That wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t have helped . I doubt I’d ever be able to bring another cat in the house with my Gracie!