I feel so bad

juliek1975

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor miss Cracker, one of our outside strays, when she goes missing we assume she is staying in the neighbor's barn, because we see her down that way sometimes. Well she was missing for a couple weeks, Skye heard her crying last night and found her stuck under our porch, for who knows how long, she's lost a lot of weight and my husband had to free her, I wasn't home at the time, but apparently at one point her head was stuck and my daughter was crying because she thought the cat had died, anyhow my husband declared she could come in the girls' room and stay in all night and all day today. We always bring Coon in on these bitter nights, but Cracker is usually nowhere to be found. The poor girl was starving and exhausted and this was the only picture I could get of her because she just wanted to sleep once her belly was full.

My daughter said she slept all night next to her head, only getting up a couple times to eat and use the litter box, then she'd wake her up purring and massaging.  Such a sweet girl, it's a shame my husband won't let her stay in, but he says 4 in the house is enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliek1975

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just to clarify, our outside kitties are strays that showed up at our door, we had them neutered and feed them and do have insulated outdoor shelters that we made for them.  I just always feel guilty when I have to say some of my cats live indoors in luxury while others stay outside.  This summer's project with the kids is going to be making a Cat house.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, poor thing!! Hope she recovers quickly and that she wasn't trapped the whole time. Can't be good for a cat to go that long without food.

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh she WILL BE IN! How could her HERO and savior turn his back on her now? :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliek1975

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As an update, my husband relented and decided she could spend the entire winter inside as long as she stays in the girls' bedroom.  Her whole personality has changed since coming in, she is such a sweetheart and I think grateful to be out of the cold.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji] "only temporarily " was my fathers motto, until the cat would settle in his lap. Then the cat was assigned a guardian which told us the cat was here to stay.

Cracker sounds like IS grateful and you better believe she knows her life was saved.

Can we see some more pictures?