I feel like I am always asking for Vibes... Bugsy...

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read this about Bugsy. I hope the surgery goes well, and you find out what the problem is, so Bugsy can feel better soon.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you are able to schedule the surgery when you will be home. Continued vibes for our Bugsy.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Carolina, I don't think anything hurts like the frustration of not really knowing how to help them.

Loads of good coming for Bugsy and for you.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope that the bloods show something that can be sorted, and you can finally be at the bottom of all his tummy troubles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really quickly as I am extremely busy at work... My boss just approved 2 paid days off for me to tend to Bugsy after his surgery... This means he comes back Tuesday, I have Tuesday and Wednesday completely off, work Thursday and Friday at home, and have the weekend off again with him.
With it, came a note with best wishes on the surgery, and his understanding on how important he knows furry family is, especially when you don't have family around

Thanks for the vibes everyone!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, poor baby boy
He has a great Momma
He knows you are trying to help him. What a great Boss for understanding how important your babies are to you
Many vibes for Bugsy

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers and vibes for Bugsy . It is great of your boss to give you the time off.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Really quickly as I am extremely busy at work... My boss just approved 2 paid days off for me to tend to Bugsy after his surgery... This means he comes back Tuesday, I have Tuesday and Wednesday completely off, work Thursday and Friday at home, and have the weekend off again with him.
With it, came a note with best wishes on the surgery, and his understanding on how important he knows furry family is, especially when you don't have family around

Thanks for the vibes everyone!
This brought tears to my eyes.

xx

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now you can spend more time doting on Bugsy and his needs after surgery, thanks to your compassionate boss
sounds like a very nice person. Much luck and more vibes coming your way for Bugsy

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so good of your boss to be so understanding!

Sending some more get better vibes to Bugsy...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

How is Bugsy doing now?
Sorry for living you all hanging for news
I didn't want to post this before I knew for sure.... There has been an amazing turn of events...... for the better!!! ****Bugsy's Surgery has been cancelled- Seems that he might turn the corner this time!****

Here is what happened - sorry, looooong post!

My mom and dad called Friday kind of freaking out, worrying about the surgery - they don't want me to do it. Back to back calls - "he is so tiny, the surgery is so extreme.... so dangerous.... " Mom said - you GOTTA try to put him on a rice and (one) meat diet for a few days to see if it works. Then she reminded me how we saved my puppy with a herb, a little wild bush, when thousands of $$$ and weeks of injectable antibiotics just made him worst.
"Alright mom and dad, I will put him on cooked rice and one meat to see what happens". There I go to the store - MA (Hissy, from here on TCS) on the phone with me to choose the meat - got lamb, beef, and the rice - "Know how to cook the rice?" mom said

Well, evidently Bugsy didn't eat - Hope on the other Hand, was in 7th heaven

But what happened, was that Bugsy didn't eat the Z/D wet at night and refused in the morning.... lo and behold - his poop got almost all firm right away! It's been since Friday since he is on all dry (Royal Canin HP), and his poop is firm, almost completely formed! I would say 90% formed!! Night and day difference!
He might have gotten an intolerance to Z/D, and taking him out of it just might save him from this surgery

It is too soon to tell, but I already called his vet who was ecstatic to cancel his surgery!

I also ordered an Herb called "Cat's Claw", from the place I order my pure herbs from the Amazon - in there, it is used for IBD, chron's, leaky bowel syndrome, and all sorts of inflammation (arthritis, as well as kidneys, leukemia, cancer, AIDS, etc.), . It is safe and widely used for pets (including cats) - I got the dosage off a veterinary herbs book - I am big on herbs! I discussed it with my vet and he said sure - go for it, he knows about it and we are good - just to wait a week with him on the dry diet only then start him on Cat's Claw. And of course to keep him informed on the developments (need I say I love my vet???
)
Anyways, we might have some hope...... I will do anything to prevent this surgery!
Sorry for the long post - I hate this back and forth, but hopefully this will be IT!
The problem now is that his appetite is sort of low... He was used to his two wet meals
His vet said to keep weighing him to make sure he is not losing weight, but that he is confident his appetite should pick up in a couple of days as he gets used to dry only.
One thing is for sure - I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing formed poop in the box!!!!!!! LOVE IT!