I feel horrible.. help me

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't help much with the other issues, but I've just bought a bottle of "Out! Oxyfast" (It's a pink bottle) on the recommendations of various people to help remove a few urine spots from my carpet after my guy overshot his litterbox edge; It's got really good reviews and only ran like $12.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply. Yes , Louie had a urinalysis and bloodwork done over a week ago. Unfortunately, he is in the end stages of HCM and CHF, and I am sure because he was feeling like craphe started to pee outside his box.
I've ordered Icky Poo Enzyme cleaner, and I have a Hoover powerdash, but I think the pee smell is still embedded in the carpet.
I will follow your suggestions, thanks.
I’m sorry this is happening to Louie. Icky Poo also has a strong scent as well. I don’t remember how effective it was as Krista was still marking while I was trying to use it. It was like baling a sinking boat. Which may be where Louie is at too. 😿 😭 This sounds like the least of his concerns. At this point, you may just want to use vinegar and water to neutralize the odor today and come back with the heavier cleaners after he's passed. I don't know that you want to be spending these last moments with him chasing a pee problem that's not likely to correct.
How to Get Rid of Cat Pee Smell: A Guide

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Louie update: He started taking a second diuretic aldactazide Saturday and definitely perked up yesterday. Ate a bit more on his own, and I didnt give him the entyce stimulant
He had some meat baby foods, lots of squeeze up lickables and some wet food

We're rooting for you, Louie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Louie update: so much progress!
Eating more on his own, grooming himself again, walking around watching tv....
He is back! I can not be more thankful for this miracle
He isnt 100% he may never be but he is not suffering anymore

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! He is hanging in. Eating and drinking, taking his naps and playing.
I dont see him struggling anymore
Hope he continues to do well

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:thanks::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::hugs: Thanks I really really thought we were at the end thanksgiving weekend when he wasnt moving much & breathing pretty badly :(
The same day I booked an in home vet to say goodbye- he perked up.
I spoke to his cardiologist on black Friday and she basically said hes at his end... I asked about a second diuretic after reading so many papers about it, and she said we could try but it will stress his kidneys...
I said ok forget it....
Saturday I woke up thinking, I have got to try that other diuretic.
Called her & got it in same day... and Sunday I had booked a vet to come in home....
Sunday he was SO MUCH BETTER.
I canceled it and he has been gradually improving since!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You poured yourself and your love into this kitty and it got him over the hump. I am so very happy to hear such great news. Louie! Strong kitty! Strong human too! This is wonderful! Thank you for letting us know! :clap2::woo: