I don't understand my cat sometimes

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She'll see me try to run away and then like 10 minutes later when I ignore her be at my feet rubbing against them. I always just figured it was a game of chase me if you can then their mind changes and decide they want love.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
She'll see me try to run away and then like 10 minutes later when I ignore her be at my feet rubbing against them. I always just figured it was a game of chase me if you can then their mind changes and decide they want love.
This is a perfect example of cat logic. Other examples can include:
-my bowl is empty (when in reality they've only eaten the food from exactly 1/2 of the bowl)
-whatever the other cat has MUST be better than what I have (even though it's exactly the same)
-the "I'm dying" meow, just because you're in a different room than me, so clearly you're gone forever
And many more antics that make cats absolutely wonderful!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are known to gravitate towards people who ignore them, thus they often go to people who don't even like cats. Why? Because they do not feel threatened. Staring at a cat is considered threatening, tom cats stare intently at each other, never leaving the other out of their sight. Right before they attack. Moving towards a cat is the same, it instinctively brings out their 'flight or fight' instinct. Ignore a cat, they feel no threat, and then they get curious and come to you.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So sometimes they are just feeling too silly to sit still and need to run. Best thing to do is tojoin the game and give them a little chase. But the zooms can wear off in a few minutes and they are back looking for attention.