I don't think I can care for my 10 year old girl anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can, don't remove her food from her original spot, but rather add a little bowl near you. Cats come and go from habits, it is very strange, but they do. My cat too. Changes in her health, and/or her environment have changed her routines. But then there are times I see glimpses of her 'old' routines resurfacing. One just never knows for sure.

You can tell how much you love her, and I know you have the patience because of that to figure it all out over time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you can, don't remove her food from her original spot, but rather add a little bowl near you. Cats come and go from habits, it is very strange, but they do. My cat too. Changes in her health, and/or her environment have changed her routines. But then there are times I see glimpses of her 'old' routines resurfacing. One just never knows for sure.

You can tell how much you love her, and I know you have the patience because of that to figure it all out over time.
Aww, thanks.

She literally was JUST laying on the couch next to me, meowed at me, and we went into the kitchen for her to have a bite to eat. First time I stepped back she stopped and looked at me like "WHAT" but after a sec she went back to eating. She still wanted the bowl fluffed so I went back to do that. I was able to get several feet away and she was eating no problems -- with bowl fluffs. I call this a success. Before she was on all kibble, so when she was on half and half back in May, she would get up off the couch to go get a bite of the kibble herself. Hopefully this starts to encourage that too. Luckily she wants like 15 feedings a day so we'll get a lot of practice! Baby steps...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louisstools

1 cat with me, 1 in heaven
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Moving the affection eating stuff to a new thread to keep that thread succinct in order to help future searches as I didn't find a lot of hits here for affection eating. If I have any more updates regarding the "state of my cat" and how we're doing I'll post them here. I figure a few of you have hung in there with me through this giant thread that I owe you an update and I don't mind providing it.

Things are pretty good right now, she's eating well, pooping regularly, peeing regularly, no UTI, and God willing we'll solve the affection problem and be back to where we were before the cancer craziness -- and do it in time for her 10th birthday. I think she's willing, she is a tougher cat than I give her credit.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note:
This thread has been locked as there is a similar thread
here

Status
Not open for further replies.