I don't know which dry food give to my kittens (wallet friendly)

john-cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there!
To put it quickly into context, my parents are huge animal fanatics and currently have 6 dogs at home and take care of around 25 stray cats. As these cats are regularly fed, they never leave the surroundings of the house and are semi-domesticated. I decided to adopt 2 kittens both about 3/4 months old and take them to my apartment.
To feed them for now I bought:
  • Royal Canin Kitten Dry Food
  • Friskies Junior Wet Food.
As I don't have the budget to continue buying Royal Canin food, I'm looking for a dry food of reasonable quality but also at an affordable price.
So far I have found three dry foods that fit into my wallet but I would like to confirm if they are good choices and which one is the best:
  • Concept for Life Kitten
  • IAMS for Vitality Kitten Fresh Chicken
  • Feringa Kitten Poultry
I would also like switch from wet food maybe to Smilla Tender Poultry but I'm open to other ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sajast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two cats growing up were on IAMS for a long time. No issues. Really, as long as there aren’t artificial dyes (think meow mix) and the kittens do well (no runny stool, good coats, etc) then the food is probably fine for them.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried fancy feast classics? I would stay away from Royal canin. Avoid fish.the catfooddb.com will give you an idea of price and nutrition. A kitten can eat adult food,just may need more

Java Lady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have Oreo on Acana Kitten small 4lb $20.00 he really likes it wish the had a canned food though

snowkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm late but my kitten eats Blue Buffalo Healthy Grow for Kittens and he seems to like it a lot and his poops come out normal. The price isn't too bad, you can get a 2lb for around $9. And 5lb for $17ish at Target, and Target sometimes gives out coupons for Blue Buffalo through their app too.