I Don’t know what to do.

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
A brief, rudimentary search lead me to this -
Philippines Pet Passport - Current Dog and Cat Import Requirements

So at least according to this source, I don’t see anything that could remotely qualify as what you’re fearing.

Certainly do your due diligence well ahead of time, but don’t stress yourself out about it too much. I would be shocked if there was a requirement like the one you’re fretting over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
A brief, rudimentary search lead me to this -
Philippines Pet Passport - Current Dog and Cat Import Requirements

So at least according to this source, I don’t see anything that could remotely qualify as what you’re fearing.

Certainly do your due diligence well ahead of time, but don’t stress yourself out about it too much. I would be shocked if there was a requirement like the one you’re fretting over.
Oh, THANK YOU!!! You are so helpful and I appreciate it. Sorry if I seem to look so negative but I know you guys understand how our cats mean to us.

I have been asking also around and they gave me the same response as yours. When Oreo gets back tomorrow to the vet for another round of shots I will ask the vet also.

I feel a lot better than yesterday. Thanks to you and to all who have reassured me here. Such a great family TCS is, with so many wonderful people. :)

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
No, I totally get you!!!

I actually work in professional rescue (as well as for “hobby”). With my work animals, I am very calm and collected. But for my actual pets and personal rescues where I’m calling the shots and it’s all on me? Everything I know goes out the window.

I even made a silly post just last week about something I know isn’t a big deal but that I started making into a big deal in my head just because my more inexperienced boyfriend was worried and looking to me for answers and I started doubting myself and freaking out! That never would have happened at work! I am much more confident there when the decisions over an animal’s care doesn’t depend on me alone.

Trust me, I get as frantic as you, and mostly about very silly things...

And the other thing is, all of us in this specific sub forum (including you) deal with caring for and rescuing cats day in and day out because of owners who didn’t care.

So even when it’s a bit of an overreaction, seeing an owner, who has just taken a poor, sick kitty off the streets, freak out about her cats safety and their home - including the rescue kitty?

Trust me when I say it is more than a breath of fresh air!

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The entire point of a vaccination is to expose an immune system to something like a virus to educate it so that the next time that system detects that virus it destroyes it before it can take hold. It is like making the animal sick but with a much milder infection so it goes after and eliminates the problem virus. Being sick with a virus IS like vaccinating so once you have been sick with something like that you can't get it again. Once your animals are over the infection and no longer contagious it is not a problem anymore. This is also the idea behind a quarantine / hold on an animal traveling. They are kept isolated for a short time to be certain they are not contagious with anything. I would expect the worst that could happen is that the cats would be kept in quarantine for a short period before being approved for entry to a country. They hold animals like horses all the time to prevent diseases from traveling with them. They are not permanently banned though.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys. Appreciate your advice, encouragement and inputs.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somebody told me that once infected my cats or any of my cats CANNOT be allowed to travel anymore as they would be potential carriers.
I don't see how this would even be possible. All they need is a health certificate from a vet, and the required vaccinations (depends on the country). As long as they aren't sick when you want to fly everything should be fine.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see how this would even be possible. All they need is a health certificate from a vet, and the required vaccinations (depends on the country). As long as they aren't sick when you want to fly everything should be fine.
Yes I think so too. Somebody just wanted to probably scare me to my wits end.
Anyway, Oreo has just gotten his second round of antibiotic shots and the last one will be on Sunday. After that, he will be scheduled for his vaccinations and rabies shots, then will be neutered. He is getting much better by the day. He eats a lot and runs around like a crazy horse. His eyes are also clearing up (we put eye drops every night plus ear drops for his mites) It makes me happy that he is getting a lot better.