I don't know what to do

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Russell's not so ok. He has diarrhea. I've done everything right. I feed him foods that I know his stomach and intestines can handle and I always try to get the most healthy ones I can get, though admittedly he does eat Whiskas and I know not everyone agrees with it but I can't get anything else. I don't suddenly change foods on him.

He has dry food and wet food.

I keep his bowl clean and there's always fresh water. His eating area is kept clean.

I'd take him to the vet but the town just lost a vet and I know Russell won't be seen to today. Nearest day I think will be Monday.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have kaoepectate you can give him a little of it to help him. Make sure he has enough water, and if you can get some Pedialyte in him to help him re-hydrate. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't have either of those.
Though I have seen him drink a little.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my Sammie had diarrhea, I took him to the vet and had him checked out. We found nothing wrong, so it was probably just a reaction to something he ate. However, the vet told me to not feed him anything at all for 12 to 24 hours, to let his system clear out whatever was irritating it. (Sure, I said, I wasn't planning on sleeping.....Poor Sam was so confused, he woke me up every hour pleading for food. )

However, that worked, I fed him very little the next day, and gradually increased the amount of food until he was better. And the vet sold me some very very expensive food, that was easier on his system.

So you do need to see a vet, but you might try taking away his food for 12 hours until you do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the suggestions.
Russell is much better today. He no longer has diarrhea and decided that this morning that he absolutely wanted food.
I think he had a reaction to the cat food I fed him...*sigh*...so none of that for him anymore.