I Don't Know What To Do My Cat Needs Help Asap

corey2140

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Click here to support CAN YOU HELP US SAVE TOBEY’S LIFE? organized by corey phillips

Please SHARE Tobys Story

my facebook
Corey Phillips

CAN YOU HELP US SAVE TOBEY’S LIFE?

Let me introduce you to Tobey. About 18 months ago he found his way to my house, so very skinny and worn looking. As he was so sweet and seemed to have no home, and since I practice TNR (trap, neuter and release), I brought him to my regular vet and had him ‘fixed’, and prepared to release him back to the street. Soon after, though, he won the hearts of family, and especially my grandkids so much,we decided to add him to our family. I soon noticed he had a breathing problem so I returned to the vet only to find out that this sweet boy had a diaphragmatic hernia, whereby his intestines had gone through a hole and was putting pressure on his diaphragm and compromising his breathing, as well as causing his intestines to fall out of place. This also made it hard for him to eat which explained why he was so skinny. We were told if it was not repaired he would not live much longer. Although I did not have much, I took him to Metairie Small Animal where they agreed to let me pay on time the $2,000 fee for the surgery to save his life. He has been doing great until recently, when I noticed he wasn’t eating right and his belly was sagging again, and his breathing was labored. Back to the vet today to find that the repair of the hernia has failed, and he is right back where he started and is in BIG TROUBLE.

This boy is so very sweet, and is the heart of our kitty family; however, at this time I just cannot find the money needed for the surgery to save him, and it would break all of our hearts to put him to sleep.

That is the purpose of this Go Fund Me site. I am hoping that there are enough animal lovers who will open their hearts and help me get the rest of the money together in enough time to save his life once again.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND GENEROSITY, AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Tobey!! Bless you for taking him in. I shared on my FB page. Prayers that he gets the needed surgery and has a complete healing so that he can continue to bring love and joy to his family :vibes::vibes::vibes: