I Don't Know What To Do... I Miss Her So Much.

rkmerley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's been three days since Callie's been gone. I've felt the emptiness of her presence since then, but even so now. When I came home from work and there was no one to greet me by the door. Or meow and thrill for food and tuna. I just feel so alone. I don't know what to do. We have two other kittens... Everyday I go and check their gums to make sure they're not yellow. And I hug them so much that they're practically sick of me, even though I was never as attached to them. Just the thought they might leave us too one day.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She loved you greatly and loves you still. She would hope for you that your other kitties help you through this very challenging time and that after a while, you can feel joy with them again.
RIP sweet Callie, your pawprints are on a heart forever :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, it is so very hard to carry on.....please try to hang in there and look after the other ones, they need you now and are grieving too, together you all can make it through.

God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been three days since Callie's been gone. I've felt the emptiness of her presence since then, but even so now. When I came home from work and there was no one to greet me by the door. Or meow and thrill for food and tuna. I just feel so alone. I don't know what to do. We have two other kittens... Everyday I go and check their gums to make sure they're not yellow. And I hug them so much that they're practically sick of me, even though I was never as attached to them. Just the thought they might leave us too one day.
I'm not sure what your beliefs of the afterlife, if any, but I'll go out on a limb, share mine, and hope I don't upset.
In my eyes, this world is no accident. There's just too much life and too mucBh goodness for it to be random. Maybe it's build up over time, but I can't watch a cat or dog or horse or cow or whatever giving birth and think this is just some random, happy accident. There's a reason we're all here, from the most important person to the most "insignificant" insect.
When we love them, we need to understand the possibility of their loss some day provided we outlive them. And most of us, who love them, outlive them, or have at some point. Aside from a horrible disaster or tragedy, if we're of age and of decent health, odds are we'll out live them, and that's the worst part of pet ownership.
I don't know Callie's story. I did not see it on the forum but if you wish, please PM me a link or send a link in this thread and I will read it happily.
You mentioned checking gums. I had a cat die very young from an anemia condition that was unable to be helped. That was HORRIBLE. That was also many years ago. I still check gums regularly out of fear. But that's a GOOD thing. If I notice paleness I can call the vet and be there whenever they want. You're checking gums on these babies as a precaution, which is your knowledge and learning experience busting through to be a better owner. As painful as it is, this is not bad. You're using whatever experience you got with Callie to make sure her friends in latter generations are healthy. Consider that a gift.
I still remember the morning my anemic cat died. Friends had stayed over with their young dog (a Lab) and as they were saying good bye's, I was as polite as can be but itching to get back to our living area to make sure this guy was OK. Their Lab dog was at the door, happy panting, and I remember being SO JEALOUS that their dogs gums were bright, pink, and healthy while my cats gums were lucky to be pink at all. It hurt. The people did not do anything wrong, the dog certainly did not, but it was some weird kind of jealous rage.
Hugs to you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These feelings of emptiness and loss dominate the first few days and weeks because we were so used to their presence and all their unique little ways of living with us in our world. They followed alongside us on our life's journey for a little while, we are so very blessed to have known them, to have had them in our lives and to have known their love. When they have to go, we should be celebrating that love, celebrating having them in our lives at all, it would have been unthinkable to have never known then at all. Like was said above. I don't believe anything is coincidence or an accident of nature. It was meant to be, and it was.....
Over time, and sometimes almost instantly, we build a bond with their very souls. Link by link, made up of love and joy. It is something we will always have, it will never be taken from us because it is a part of us. " Death cannot take that which never dies", think of that, and know Callie is near. As near as your thoughts and prayers. Don't let the sadness and grief take over what is really important, the love she gave you and what she meant to you. THAT is what is important and what she wants to leave as a legacy for you, not a future full of sadness and anxiety. Send her thoughts of love and comfort.That is what she wants for the one she loves so very much. That is what love is, wanting only the best for the ones we love.
Take one day at a time. Time is your friend and will eventually soften the sharp edges of grief. You will never get over it, you get through it and make a new life's order for yourself. Concentrate on those two little ones left behind. One day, they too, will answer the call, that is why it is so important to live for today, to live each moment we have to the fullest, finding joy and happiness in what we have right now, not dwelling on the grief of the past or the uncertainties of tomorrow. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow will take care of itself, and none of us are guaranteed to see it. It is the now you are living, make it worth living. It is as Callie would want for you, you are left here to carry on her legacy and open your heart to future happiness and love, because that is what she wants for the one she loves so very much....Rip precious Callie, you were so very loved to have made such a mark in your loved ones life!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Callie, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

This is a horrible time, adjusting to the absence of a beloved family member. Time will help, but not heal. I would want you to remember that love does not die. Never. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides, and in the truest way there is, Callie is with you still.