I take that to mean I would have to go to the UK web site and order it from there. When I just now looked it up - independent of your link - that is where I was directed to. It would mean ordering more than I would prefer to for testing purposes, however. But, it is on my list... thanks!I think your FF is the same as Gourmet in the UK, if so, have you tried Savoury Cake, Feeby might like that as a change.
I have another can to try, and will do so. But, Feeby is treating her 'normal' foods the same way when she loses interest in them - she might start out eating a few bites, but after that she leaves only to return sometime later, sniff it, and just sit there to see if I will give her something else. If I don't, she will walk away. She will repeat this over and over again. She has never outright refused a food to start with, only after a few 'test' bites, and then it is 'over'. A few days later, I can try the same food again, and get the same results. After that I don't want to try again - at least not for a long while.If she didn’t like a food, she wouldn’t eat more than a bite. So if Feeby ate a few bites of Wellness, I’d consider that a “wait and see” on her part, and offer it again another day.
The vet said it was mild. That, and the fact he is not an advocate of prescribing meds unless absolutely necessary, is likely why he recommended the food first. But, yes, I tend to think with Feeby's current pickiness, this food is going to be a bust.Correct me if I'm wrong but if prescription food will correct her levels then the hyperthyroidism must be mild. Given Feebys history with food I would have thought a low dosage would work better. One of mine was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism at 15 and a low dosage tablet corrected it and kept her stable for a few years until it needed to be increased. So sorry you have this to deal with.
Be it right or wrong on my part, I elected to tell the vet (just today) that she will not eat it and asked for his input on moving ahead with meds. I honestly don't believe she would have taken to it so much that she could have been on it exclusively for months on end or longer - not to mention that she would not have been able to take her arthritis supplement, or have any baby food meat, or any treats, hairball or otherwise. She's 16+ yo for god's sake.How is Feeby doing on her new food, will she eat it?
Thank you, and I sure hope so. Yeah, not real crazy about the blood testing, especially since it will likely have to be done on a no-appointment basis, meaning that unless I am terribly lucky (like I was a week ago), there will be some times we will have to wait awhile. At least I can be with her, as my vet has opened up his lobby (with masks and social distancing, of course).I think you have made the right decision. As it's very mild, the strength of the meds will be low. Bit of a pain having the blood tests but as long as she is well, thats what counts.
That would be super!!! I hope Feeby follows in Guinness' footsteps in this regard!Don't know if it's the same with your vet but when Guinness was first diagnosis and put on meds she had a blood test one month later which showed it was the correct dosage and only had to have a blood test every six months. That's not so bad.