I Don't Know What To Do - 15+yo Cat

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I would kill for some weight gain with Krista. Even to see a few ounces from one week to the next. Just to know that it’s possible.

If Feeby isn’t on any prescription medicine, have you considered CBD for her arthritis? It may not do much or it may do everything it’s claimed to be. As long as she doesn’t have prescription medicines to worry about interactions, it couldn’t hurt to try it. I would get a full spectrum large dog formula. The oil is the same. It’s just concentrated so you don’t have to give as much.

I would try it with Krista again. It seemed to work somewhat for her. But she has prescriptions now (steroids and chemo) that can definitely interact. 😔

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I would kill for some weight gain with Krista. Even to see a few ounces from one week to the next. Just to know that it’s possible. If Feeby isn’t on any prescription medicine, have you considered CBD for her arthritis?
If I could I would give you the weight Feeby has lost to give to Krista, trust me. Feeby isn't on any prescription meds. But, I haven't yet considered it. I guess I need to do some reading up on it - keeping Feeby in mind when I do - and see what I think about it afterward.
Do you have something with the same ingredients in your country?
I could actually buy Lintbells YuMOVE for cats through Amazon UK which states they will deliver to the USA. But, when checking the ingredients in it against her Glyco Flex Plus, they are almost all the same. The Lintbells, however does not list specific amounts of each ingredients - so, I can't compare that aspect to the Glyco.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Update for Week 6/30 – 7/5

I am going to say Feeby weighed in at 14.4 lbs today. Same as last week - with the caveat that I weighed her 3 times and got 3 different weights: 14.2, 14.4, 14.8. So, just sticking with 14.4. I am tempted to place tape around my feet on the scale so I can make sure I am standing in the same place consistently - have to assume that is the issue.:scale: Calories pretty much in the ‘ballpark’ as they have been recently (about 265 per day vs. 254 for previous week).

Flea combing produced about the same results as before - flea dirt, some blood, a few tiny fleas moving about, and maybe one or two slightly bigger fleas with limited mobility. I did it right before her every 10-day flea treatment on 7/1. And, like always within a day or so afterward, my husband found 3 sickly fleas on him as she was laying on a blanket on top if the couch where he was sitting. Not really making any headway, but not getting any worse either. Apparently, all I can hope for at this point. :sigh:

She did well with the fireworks, but could be the TV was helping to drown out the noises, not to mention it wasn’t as bad as I recall in past years. But, her new thing – which used to be her old thing – is to hide underneath our bed if there is thunder. She hasn’t done that in nearly a year. This is the 2nd time after hiding in our walk-in closet twice before that – all because of thunder. :storm: I thought she stopped hiding under the bed because of her arthritis, but the limp that returned a few weeks ago is still there, so that apparently isn’t it.