I don't know what is best for these strays. If I leave, they will die

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Y. The photos of Lily and Cooper do show some remnants of a hard life which is why they are so thrilled to have found a safe haven in you.

I was thinking the same thing, you can see it especially in the eyes of the female. I am sure that this is the first time that anyone has shown her any kind of love. I am so happy that they found Hannaaaw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannaaaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitties are still doing well, they've gotten a little chubby though; think I may be overfeeding them BUT hey, they're as happy as they can be. We are visiting two houses today, but unfortunately we're having to push our move in date til at least the 1st or 2nd week of Dec, due to Finals for us. We're really trying to stick it out for just another month so we can focus on moving out without failing our classes and such. My roommate and I are staying low and away from the crazy one, and thankfully she hasn't done anything to the cats. She's blown up on us but the kitties are unharmed; I make sure of that. The shelter knows about our situation so I don't think they'd bother coming, even if she called to ask for them to be removed. So thankfully they're on my side, but even they told me again the other day that.... these two need to stay as they are, and they'd do terribly in a shelter environment. Basically, they need me and depend on me ><. Still not an answer back from any rescue group, but I'm now working towards the cat and farm organization. Otherwise, we'll find a place to move into and take them with us, and pray they acclimate properly + I don't get caught. If I can convince the owner that they happened to be "just strays" and then request that I can keep them, then they may allow me to build them a pen outside + have access indoors. I don't like be sneaky like this, but I won't leave them behind either :L

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad to hear that things are at least status quo. I had wondered if you were going to be able to ask the landlord about the cats or just pretend that they showed up. Everything you are doing is buying time and that is really important right now. It was a good move to alert the shelter to a nut living in their jurisdiction as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannaaaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
got some great news guys!!! We were approved and I'm moving in this Friday!!! I did not notify them about the cats, but I plan on I guess, either keeping them settled in the garage for a bit or will buy one of those cat condos to place outside and they will just have to stay in there for 2-3 weeks until acclimated. I may sneak them inside the house for the first night though since I don't want them being scared from the move. The house is actually just 3 blocks away from our current place, so my fear is they may follow the route back to their old home. If I can get them acclimated though, then I plan on mentioning to the owner about building an enclosure outside for them (I'll just say they're friendly strays that I want to keep safe until I can find them a home, etc). If they allow me to do so, then bam- job is done. And they may even let me take them indoors if they're carefully monitored, plus my pet deposit mentioned it covered ALL my pets so I don't believe there'd be an additional charge.

As far as acclimating them to their new home outside, do I basically just leave them in their cage all day/night? I don't think the garage is a good way to acclimate them fully since they can't really see outside... I'm, I'm really not sure. I have a month left before I fly back home so I pray I can acclimate them by then. Then my roommate will just feed and give water while I'm away for 3 weeks and I just hope they stick around the new area. I really hope to get the enclosure set up before I leave, if the landlord permits it. Any advice for how to make this work best if I'm not allowed to make an enclosure for them though?