I Dont Know What Breed My Beige Cat Is

Daniaab

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello,
my cat is around 6-7 years old and I have had him for 6 years but never found out what breed he is. He is beige with darker hairs on the ends of his fur and has light brown eyes with a little bit of blue to it you can tell that theres a bit of blue if u zoom into one of the pictures
. He also has long hair . I have inserted pictures so please let me know if anyone can tell me.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best guess of your cat's color is red shaded silver. (It's also possible that his color is cream shaded silver, but it's difficult to determine the difference between red and cream shaded silver from pictures... it can even be difficult when looking at a cat in person.)

He has gold eyes with small blue sections, which is known as "sectoral heterochromia" (eyes that have sections with different colors). Heterochromia is seen in white cats (dominant white gene) as well as cats with white markings (white spotting gene). So, because your cat's eyes have those small blue areas, I think it is likely that he actually has white markings on his chin and belly (like a "tuxedo cat" or bicolor) that aren't obvious because his basic body color is so pale. This would mean that his color would be described as red shaded silver and white (or possibly cream shaded silver and white).

I can see in this picture (enlarged below) that he has a relatively short, broad muzzle with a dip or curve to his profile. This suggests that he may have some ancestry from a breed with a short muzzle. Out of all the short-muzzled breeds, it's probably most likely that he may have a little bit of Persian ancestry, as that breed is much more numerous than other short-muzzled breeds (and many of the the other short-muzzled breeds actually inherited this trait from Persians being used in breeding programs, too). However, without definite information about his background, he would simply be described as a domestic longhair.

uploaded-5d2417d8ac67b2.69195520.png

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without papers the breed is a moot question, but it is highly likely for him to have Persian, ragamuffin, or Norwegian Forest cat in his background. Absolutely stunning cat! He would be described as a Cream Domestic Longhair.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without papers the breed is a moot question, but it is highly likely for him to have Persian, ragamuffin, or Norwegian Forest cat in his background. Absolutely stunning cat! He would be described as a Cream Domestic Longhair.
I agree that he is stunning, but have a couple of comments:
  • Do you mean cream shaded silver? I don't think he is cream in color. My guess is that his color is either red shaded silver (most likely) or cream shaded silver, because his coat is primarily off-white in color, with red/cream tips to the hairs.
  • Norwegian Forest Cats have a straight profile and wedge-shaped face, so this fellow really doesn't look anything like that breed. He has the opposite face shape: short and broad, with a pronounced dip in the profile.