I Did It!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Yay! Congratulations! I retired several years early and have loved it.

Here’s what I posted on FB on my first day of retirement:

First day of retirement: a warm fire, a strong cup of coffee, a newspaper and an affectionate cat. What could be better?
80D83DCB-6D22-461E-A339-DC977004B6E7.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys! Excited. Nervous, too, but excited. Now to get through these last few months.

Since I won't be working the week before Christmas, my first full day of retirement will be spent doing....what else.....holiday baking! This year, for the first time ever, I won't have to start baking right after Thanksgiving, but can take my time.

Tobermory Tobermory Love that picture!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I submitted my retirement letter today. It won't take effect until next January, but I'm using vacation time, paid holidays, and such so that I will be able to leave early.
I'm excited, but my heart is beating a mile a minute!
:party2::jive:~ Ah HA ! Congratulations ...! Now you can be a lazy bum . :party3:
First day of retirement: a warm fire, a strong cup of coffee, a newspaper and an affectionate cat. What could be better?
THIS is the life ... :cloud9:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!!!

I can not wait for the day to come for myself but I have another 7 years to go give or take. I intend to give a long notice like you - my boss already is aware of approximately when this will happen because we're the same age and he's also beginning to make plans for his exit and how the company will structure itself once he is gone and I'm involved in that.